UMEC Forum Index UMEC
United Mining Exploration Commission: A group of friends playing JumpGate-- "a MMORPG that launched smoothly, breaks from fantasy character setting, emphasizes PvP, and is the first persistent world space simulator that nobody talks about." ~Scorch

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

So what's the EU server population like?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bagger88
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 10:01 am    Post subject: So what's the EU server population like? Reply with quote

In case you hadn't noticed, JG US is slowly dying :\ . How is JG EU doing? I usually see about 120 pilots at nite and 20-30 in the dead hours. Can the EU server save the game? :???:
Nicator
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IIRC it's around 350 most days at peak times.
Zero0
Chief WO2
Chief WO2

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

insane
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dude. i'm like alraedy there. :p

I hate the US server just because they're always going to be 6 months less mature than the MightyGames GMs (who've had 3 more months experience with their MMOG's release and 3 more months experience on Themis Group on top of that)
    not to mention THEIR internal GM's aren't coding patches, so they have the time to code new Faction Missions and other stuff...There's a new TRI mission, in fact. It's also home to grand projects as www.jgrp.net and the home server for www.myrotacol.com folks, plus assorted other ne'erdowells. I've always liked their style, though in truth, most of the "hyped" differences are negligible. (every forum and game has their Llamas, their Griefers, their etc etc; Both forums also have their geniuses and their contributing folk too
This immaturity level manifests itself in painful ways, and that's NDs capitulation to the "now now now" crowd (insta gear at patch = happy instant gratification customers) and the "farm farm farm" crowd (inflation = happy farmer customers) and the "gank gank gank" crowd (griefersRus = happy quake in spacers)

This attitude towards the customer base is pretty stupid for a Space-Sim MMOG, but they're too busy with coding and developing to see what's really going on...it's called a brain drain. Pretty soon the only functioning braincells on the US server will be the n00bs who'll continue to come and go.

AND OMFG DID YOU SEE THAT POST I MADE ABOUT THE NEWSLETTER MG PUT OUT LAST WEEK?!!?!? A REAL NEWSLETTER FER %$^ SAKES!!!! newsletter #48 to be exact. FORTY EIGHT!!! HOLY BATPOOP! i've yet to see a single one from Themis Group and i registered for their's ages ago

Last edited by MajorFreak on Fri Dec 20, 2002 1:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Fred0

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya, EU is good. :)
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GenTesla wrote:
Well smeg as has been said on the Gm2 thread, with help from MG and general great RPin by the majority on the EU server we all have things to enjoy still within episode 1. Yes we are all prolly champing at the bit to get hold of ep2 but the EU server is a lot different to the US. The money generation being a classic case. With the billions and billions flying around the trading dimension isnt there as it is here, so death means a bit more. The whole flux RP which MG have done and all the sents and story behind that etc all adds feel to the EU server. And hats off to HG, for RD and MAs point of view, we didnt like their RP but it does make the game interesting for us LOL!!!!!gits

reason why i joined EU: The momentum here is positive and constructive...It also helps that we have internal GMs that have the time to spare in order to update FactionMissions and similar stuff, especially tweaking the economy indexes.

Besides, the US server has this insane fixation with "i'm leaving" threads started again and again by the same people. It's like some crazed denial of addiction thing.

Just today i bought a jumpgate retail box for $3 discount that'll give me 3 whole months for free -- guess what? I actually doubt i'll go back to the US server. Why? Cause the developers actually LIKE the crazy concept that their best customers are "Matter Farmers" and "Quake in spacers" (which is nuts and is the cause of the really bad momentum they have)
    and yes, Smegit hit the nail on the head with his talk about RP being so "unpopular". It's not true at all, but try telling that to a server that suffered the scars of "PoGBS"
Kami
Ex-Assistant GM
Ex-Assistant GM

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have the heart to start over again. I'll stick it out at the US server and take a peek at Eve as soon as I get the chance. If that doesn't keep my attention, then I'll probably switch to EU.
HiTekHick
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else jumping ship? Maybe we can get UMEC up and running on the EU server after all... ;)

I've been wondering how many of those that are on EU are really US/rest of world.
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if we do, let's put it off for a while, okay? Get our feet wet first before starting it up or we'll give the impression we're some stuck up US team pulling rank.

I've joined "Templar Knights" and am getting a feel for teh game...seems very similar. OV is OEC's counterpart, but beyond that i still need to feel my oats here.
Zeshin
Sgt 1st Class
Sgt 1st Class

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MajorFreak wrote:
OV is OEC's counterpart

Wait.. Is that a good thing? :morn:
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2002 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Razorskiss wrote:
I think what the problem is, is that there's too much ego involved on the US server. It's much more of a PvP-centric game over there, and the fighting itself often precludes the time and effort needed to write stories up about it.

Also, much of the RP on the US server takes place in-game, not on the boards. It's also of the type that if you aren't *in* the story, you often won't see much of it at all. The RP "events" are really a handicap to good RP character development, imo, because they always come across feeling staged.

When you're into RP, there's plenty of types to choose from. It isn't all "GM-developed" and it's not all "Player events".

There's a plethora of personal, squad-based, and interfactional storylines that aren't getting press, aren't getting news, and most likely won't. There's a catch-22. The more you *play* the game itself, the less you'll write about it. I've foudn that trrue for myself. When I was the "power RolePlayer" (which I've been said to be at times) I was in-game 4-5 hours every night, writing stories, posts, helping command a squad, and the like. It's not an easy thing to do.

Also, some are using the pre-EP2 lull to consolidate their squad, work on other matters, and to do some "fixer-upper" work on their factions, squads, and personal accounts and balances.

I'm doing that myself at the moment.

You guys get props for being organized, cogent, and participatory, but don't fall into the trap of thinking you're "better then the Joneses" simply because MG has a different style of management. I attribute much of the EU server's success in RP matters to their inclusion of their version of EPs to the storyline, and their better handling of player-run storylines.

You have a lot more to work with then we do. I admit it.

But, that being said: Don't count us out yet. The Roleplayers on the US server are still around. There just isn't much of an arena for it right now, and some of us are doing preparatory work for all the new things that will be added in EP2.

Like I said, most US RP is in-game, and most of it involves smaller, less-publicized plots and characters. Don't confuse that for the lack of RP because it's done differently then your own.

Anyway. Y'all have fun. We do too, despite the outbreak of Whynar's syndrome =)
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2002 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TexMurphy wrote:

Hi everyone here on the EU.

For these of you that dont know me (most here dont) I have been playing on US since late beta. I did a tour of duty at the EU as well for about 2-3 months (not as TexMurphy though).

I just want to add my two cents to this discussion as it is a very interesting one. There are some key differences to the EU and US server. Non of which make one or the other better or worse. I will dig into the difference between MG and Themis, community, economy, PvP and finally the EP2 blues.

MG vs Themis Group

First of all comparing these two is bit like comparing apples and oranges. You have to understand the difference in the two before you can compare their work. Also you have to understand the difference when comparing the result of their work.

MG.

They run the full show. They have a staff of employees that are there to work on JG. They work full time on running the server, the community, support and RP. I dont know the nature of the contract or how MGs buisness plan for JG is but my guess is that they pay ND a certain fee. This fee was either payed when MG bought the JG rights or is a monthly, per update or something like that fee.

Themis.

They are hired by ND to run the community, support and RP. They dont run the servers. I dont know the nature of the contract but its a consulting contract of some kind. This means that Themis either get payed by the hour from ND or a fixed price. My guess is that it is a fixed price. But even a fixed price means that Themis only can put in as many hours as the fixed price pays for.

Result

MG is a customer of ND. While Themis is a customer of ND. THere is a huge difference in this.

The fact that MG runs the servers gives them more control of the content on the server. The RP that MG do can have direct impact on the content on the server. If Themis wants to do the same thing the content on the server has to be changed by ND. Asking ND to change something on the server directly takes away development time from EP2.

MG running the whole show and Themis being hired to do a limmited part of the job means that MG has a bigger staff. A bigger staff means that MG can have more personel involved in RP events. More staff involved in the event means a more extencive event.

Player based RP and its impact on the server and it beeing different on the two servers is also largly influenced by the different business models. For MG its their server they decide the level of player involvment they want. For Themis its bit harder its not their server its NDs. They are hired to do the main storlyline. This is what they are payed for. There can be issues in the contract that make the player involvment harder for Themis then MG. After all its not Themis who call all the shots at US which always makes decission making harder.

In handling the community there is a big difference that is traceable to the business model as well. Since MG runs the whole show they have totally free hands to do what ever they please. Themis who are contracted dont call all the shots. This is the reason why EU server has a MG posted RoE and US doesnt have anything like that. Personaly I feel that lot of the rules put into place by MG are totally rediculous. The no PoDs over 250k beeing one of them. Christ if a pilot has cash in the billions he shouldnt be podded for peanut money. In short this results in MG banning players Themis not. I feel that MG are way to strickt and that the EU has way to many rules. At the same time the US has way to few (read non) bannings. MG need to loosen up big time and Themis need to become bit strickter.

My call here is that MG has a much easier situation and due to this do a much better job.

Community

The biggest difference in the communities that I found while playing both the servers was the bilanguality on EU. There is no defense for this in my books what so ever. A language divided community sucks. Jumpgate is about the players more then anything and having the players devided by a language barrier totally sucks.

On EU players either hang in f5:ger or f5:eng. While on the US the main channels are f5:oct, f5:sol and f5:qbld. I personaly prefer the IC devided community much more then the language devided one. Because if it is a IC devided one you can still hop on the quant chanel as a sol and socialize with the "other guys" you cant do that on EU.

Also the bilanguage community hurts nooob helping alot on EU. There is a huge difference in how US and EU noobs are treated. (I RPed a really stoopid noob on both servers). On US players take you in right away and help you out when ever you need anything be it in space, in station or on a f5.

On EU I got "You want english get on f5eng here we speak german" when I asked the guys on f5help about something.

When it comes to the forums I cant really do a good analyzis since when I was on the EU I didnt troll the forums the way I do on US. But I will make a reference to this in the EP2 blues section.

Community goes to US due to it beeing more single-langual and helpfull to noobs.

Also you got Muffy on EU now.... ;) I had to since I know there will be a flame on my post from good ol Muffy.. ;)

Economy

The biggest difference is that US has farming EU doesnt. This results in the cash level beeing more healthy on EU. With healthy I mean not way over the top. But farming or not its still to easy to make cash in JG. Removing farming is not the full answer to the JG economy.

On both servers its still to much cash. Cash has a direct corelation on the meaning of death in JG since its the only thing you loose.

The removal of farming has resulted in players not stocking stations on EU. This was one of the most tempting things for me when I came over. Since stations beeing fully stocked with premium equip also makes death more meaningless. Though it didnt take long to find out that this was just a myth. Even though the stations are not stocked there are storage tows everywhere and tons of them. This means that big squads have an easier time requiping then smaller/newer squads.

So the no stocking only effects nonPvPers, noobs and small or new PvP squads.

On a side note that I didnt know if to put here or under community. Matter farming has really devided the community on the US. As I said before the main f5s are oct sol qbld but these are seeing less and less usage as more and more people use the matter farming chanless matt omat and qmat. This also results in noobs getting less help then they used to on the US.

Ecomony goes to EU by far even tough the hug exploiting of storage tows.

Side note 2 the storage tows can actually be a big reason to why EU has more registered accounts then US.

PvP

The myth here is that US players say EU is carebear and EU players say US is quake in space.

The biggest of these two myths is that EU is carebear. But Ill get back to that.

The differences are not that big. The only difference is that EU has more piracy while the US has more factional wars. But both servers have both of the two.

The fact that there is more piracy at EU then US I find very interesting. On EU there is a RoE posted by MG what goes and what doesnt while US doesnt have that. US though has developed unwritten rules what is acceptable by the players and what is not. This results in nonPvPers actually beeing safer at the US server. So in fact a true carebear has an easier time on the US then on the EU.

The US is considered more Quak in space then EU isnt really true. But death is a bit more meaningless on US then on EU due to equip being accessible to all pilots not only the pilots who are squded. There is more RP in PvP on EU but still not enough in my books. Reason why there is more in it is mostly because of MG. Its not that US pilots dont want it but that its harder for them to get support and visibility for their RP on US.

Other then that its basicly the same.

PvP is a tie.

EP2 Blues

The EP2 Blues is HUGE on US. There is one simple reason to this. MG keep the pilots busy with RP. Themis dont. When pilots keep their minds on other thing then the fact that EP2 is late they dont whine and dont get boored.

There has not been much RP happening at all for the last 2-3 months on the US. I bet you all that if the number of ingame events where close to zero and pilot ideas where dismissed here on EU that the EP2 blues would be here as well.

Booredom is mostly due to the inability of the player him/her self to come up with new things to do in game. But there is a breaking point how long you can play the game without introduction of new stuff and not running out of ideas. When this breaking point is reached the GMs HAVE TO be there and add depth to the content that exists. GMs can easily boost the number online pilots through doing ingame events and encouraging players to create events. What I hear this has been done on EU while its not been done on the US.

EP2 blues goes to US. This is one we didnt want so I will refrace it.

EP2 blues prevention work goes to EU.

Finally

I wonder if anyone even took the time to read all this.. ;) Why make your first post a short one.. ;)

Anyways the servers are different but what keeps me on the US and not on the EU is the fact bilangual community that sucks pita on EU. I cant help it but JG is about the players and about interacting with players if I cant interact with the players then JG looses its charm to me. Another huge reason is that all of my JG friends are on the US server and they ARE JG to me. The last reason EU damn logon page.

And ohh did I forget to say you guys got Muffy now.. ;)

Thats my 2 cents.
timski wrote:

Interesting thread. Unusually high signal to noise ratio for something on this topic :) .

I'd guess the majority of EU players are native German speakers. The game could easily become primarily German-speaking. English communication is already far more dominant than it should be if one simply counts those with English as a first language. I suppose this is due to it being a common second language, and perhaps also the stubbornness of many English speakers such as myself to learn other languages ;) . I greatly admire those who willingly communicate in a 'foreign' language, particularly when they could so easily retreat to their own language.

Things have moved on a lot from two years ago, when this site would greet me with a friendly 'hallo', and the only time I'd hear much English on the channels was after midnight when most Germans had gone to bed. Although there are the inevitable complaints about news taking half a week to filter through the translation system, most things are now biased towards English - just look at how the forums are ordered ;) .

The :help channel situation continues to be a pain. New pilots have language specific clients, forum, login pages, etc; but when it comes to the most important thing of all they are left adrift. The utopian ideal of a multi-lingual help channel is just that: In reality :help is dominated by German language. Unless you are the type of noob that specifically asks questions, you might never find any English language at all, and that's a pretty bad start for any multi-player game.

I offer a lot less 'help' than I could because most attempts get bogged down in language difficulties. While the person I am talking too sort of understands, I conclude that it is easier if they find someone who can communicate in their native language. If you are struggling to pick up a game with a steep learning curve, the last thing you want to be worrying about is trying to understand words of a foreign language. So, in essence I think the best helpers are those that can happily switch between languages. Failing that, people that can identify a certain language. Because I find it hard to spot an 'English' noob from the majority I tend not to bother any more unless one specifically presents themselves.

I'd much prefer it if those using English clients were dumped onto :eng when they start - at least we'd stand a chance of spotting them, and they'd see some text at the top of the screen they understood.

Most simple RP works quite effectively because the majority of players understand enough English to get the basics of what is going on. Inevitably you hits problems when one starts to use complex language or introduce weird concepts - unfortunately for me, abstract religion goes over the heads of most people that only have basic English.

Player driven RP is quite important, and language can be an issue here too: English based RP normally has some kind of build-up that I will hear or see or read. Very little on this side of things comes as news to me when it hits the news pages. Some of the German based stuff can apparently warp in from nowhere, simply because all the build-up had been on German based channels, squads, threads and such like. I suspect the Friends of Conflux/Flux Huggers might be a good example, where two similar story strands have running, one German based, one English based, with neither group being particularly aware of the other, and even now I suspect, neither group fully appreciating what the other is doing. In some ways that is good - why should we be aware of everything; in others it is bad - without a language barrier we might have managed something slightly more coherent.

Some mixed language channels almost exist, :qbld being an example when that channel is in operation. That tends to try to stick to English, but it can drift depending on who is on the channel. If nothing else it made me write a commodity name translator because I got tried of being confused by BMs and Stickstoff, and having to convince people that Silicon was just as good as Silizium...

Basic game mechanics more or less work. I can quote some extreme case - the three-line PoD in German, where the pilot was shooting at me before I'd translated half of the first line, or faction mission brokerage where I left some pilot sat in the station for about ten minutes because I hadn't realised they were asking me to trade them something. But many things can be broken down to a few words which are enough to get simple messages across regardless of what language is being spoken.

I grew up in an environment where I had no need of other languages, which is why I hardly speak any. In spite of the difficulties multiple languages raise, this sort of thing does create a very positive reasons for learning other languages.

Ok, I admit it, a Babelfish MODx would be pretty high up my wishlist. But failing that I'll get by on basic English or really basic German with the majority of pilots, and be frustrated once in a while with not being able to communicate at all with certain players. Such is life.
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2002 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patroklos wrote:
There are a variety of reasons we have so many differences between the EU and US servers, most of which are so subjective that there is no point arguing with them over it. Everyone has their unique world view and there is little anyone can do to change it. The only tangible differences between the servers are the way they're operated.

Mightygames and ND/TG are two completely different camps who approach JG in very different ways:
MG tries to maximize their customer base- hence the rules intended to protect peaceful civilians etc (who make up the vast majority of their paying customers). MG has direct access to their server and they use it to create a dynamic storyline for their players. Just comparing the EU jossh to the US one you'll see what I mean.
ND/TG have taken a laissez faire approach to the US server. (I would say to the extent of turning the servers on and taking an 8 hour a day coffee break). On the US server you can do whatever you feel- this is great but when everyone's kicking sand in each other's face, how fun is it to go to the beach? TG has a lot of talent they can apply to the JG universe but with the tools ND has given them (not to mention lack of server access) it's like telling TG to build a skyscraper with an erector set.

This is why you have the flaming on the US server in-game and out. Players who love the concept of a skill based space simulator but are disappointed with its direction will naturally rail against the (truely) poor service they are receiving. There is nothing new in the US server, the last update was in August, ep2 is 6 months past due and there is no storyline past the few sentient invasions every other week. Every time ND backs out on a release they lose customers, both to attrition and the inevitable backlash of the playerbase against the only thing it can backlash against- itself. Ep2 won't be the panacea everyone's hoping for if it's not backed up with consistent storyline and events.

Face it ND, if you don't get your act together and maintain your huge investment in JG it's going under. I know of a few skill based sims coming out that will relegate JG to nothing more than a footnote in MMOG history- only you can change the fate of this game.
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobilus wrote:
Pilot Activity on EU vs US Servers
I have started polling data from EU over the last few weeks in preparation for the launch of the EU version of pilotstats.net.

So here is an EU related tit-bit: Last week there were 1,737 distinct pilots on EU who logged duty hours. This compares with 920 on US.

hm that's interesting. I assumed the difference to be much more, but it's not even twice the amount...This is important when one takes into account the "10 day free trial" account (you don't need to input any billing data until your trial is up)
    though this can't explain away the difference in population though, it just mitigates what seemed to alot of us to be some huge exodus...plus it looks like EU server isn't that much more populated than the US one
BTW, i'm really happy Pilotstats.net is getting EU data up...unfortunately, along with the good it'll encourage the bad (stat padding) Though i must say it probably wasn't the cause of any statpadding in the first place.
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

:grin:
Okay, wanna hear the stupidest thing ever?
Zaltys wrote:
*shrug* It depends on your definition of carebear. On EU there are more GM enforced rules, but there are a lot less player taboos (by this I mean 'Do this and the entire server will gank you'). On EU fluxers and tows in unreg are considered fair game, because if you're in unreg you've consciously made the decision to take the risk of going into unreg to gain the greater reward (a stance I agree with...). On US, kill a few fluxers and you will never be able to launch again. On EU, station stripping is slightly controversial, but generally accepted. EU players are much more likely to launch of crappy equip because of the levels of equipment on station.

*awarded to Zaltys for acting stupider than a Nazgul stooge*

uh huh...riiiiiiiiight. US server is "self-policed" while EU server is "GM policed" (now, what part of either statement is remotely close to the truth?)
    IN YER DREAMS!
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gander wrote:
I'd like to see some further tightening of station stocks and the economy, however I sincerely hope ND does not go as far as EU.

pretty soon this thread will have to be renamed to "stooge awards"...have you SEEN the market lister economy watch for EU? here. go there and then come back and try agreeing with Gander The WonderFag
Kami
Ex-Assistant GM
Ex-Assistant GM

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROFL

Gander has a vested inerest in stock levels staying reasonably high. He's a PvPers and wants to be able to spend his farmed money. Without stocks of equipment, that money doesn't mean much to him. and he just might have to stop shooting at tows for a while or pick them more carefully.
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D-I-S-C-O wrote:
Hiya, thought you might appreciate some clarification from "the other side".

The economy on the EU server is indeed different, and screwed, but not for the reasons suggested here. We have trader squads that work to move commodities to ensure that items are in production, however, PI's are turned right down in some cases to prevent the markets flooding.

The GM in charge of the economy on the EU server believes there should be no "get rich quick" schemes, and that playing a trader should involve skill and knowledge, much the same as PvP does.

People are encouraged to make meaningful cargo runs that can benefit production, rather than profit, and some squads have adopted a station, and tend to its production needs.

Storage tows are indeed used by the larger PvP squads and trader squads, mainly because it is so expensive to move equipment. Without massive cash reserves, moving a few hundred instigators to QC is just not viable, as recovery would simply take too long. Some cheaper, faction dependant equipment, such as knockers and FF are moved occasionally though. This may be a selfish attitude, but when u consider that your enemies may be benefiting from your cash expenditure, it kinda makes you feel better about it.

MG have promised us that all their actions will be taken in a unbiased and calculated way, in accordance with the RoC. There have been slip ups, and the RoC have been adjusted and updated to reflect this. Being Germans, there are stiplers for rules though, and as such, contravening them results in ban procedures, these can be found here
Rules of Conduct

Its not all doom and gloom though. Most of these rules are in place to ensure that no-ones game is ruined, and tbh, I think it works very well.

Oh, and yes, a lot of people do speak German, but a lot of Germans speak English, so while there is a divide, its not crippling. We even talk to each other occasionally
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there's no bloody difference. Once nobilus starts tracking stats for both servers it'll look a little too familiar for the same old lies to be told.

there just really is no way i'm buying the old excuses about language barrier because most of the time you'll have people ignoring you on both servers no matter how many languages they're fluent in. (besides, one can't know all the people on a server.)
    hell, the language barrier even adds that spice people got playing DaoC with their artificial chat barriers
there just really is no way i'm buying the OMG US SERVER = PIRATE HAVEN, since i've seen no shortage of EU pirate activity; there's no way i'm buying that US SERVER = QUAKE IN SPACE because i'm damned sure the ones that do engage in this pvp gankfleet fest on both servers are very much well supplied and always have been; No farmers on either server? LOL! You know nothing about "farming" if you think this whole economy isn't centred on lesser forms of MC farming (even this temporary dependence on mining will be "nerfed")
    you really expect me to not laff about how ND has been fooled into believing the fanboi/wynars haven't massively underestimated the SCALE needed to make mining a viable contribution to the economic system. roflmao
really, people who say different crack me up. Oh, i'm sure they could make semantic hissyfits about this and that, but really, get a grip.

Roleplaying shortage/hatred on US server? lol. I'm sorry, but i see more RP happening there than i've ever seen here. no offense to Mulligan, but i guarantee you both servers have their roleplayers. (ie. the OECs)
    both servers also have that annoyingly arrogant player type who will call any "PoD *blam *blam *blam cut engines *blam* or *boom!* oops" a valid RP...etc, we've all seen the Llama "roleplayers" *cough*powergamer*cough*
*shrug* i suppose people could throw statistics at me till the cows came home, i'm really not interested in having to state the obvious ad nauseum...Either you believe what i say, or you dismiss me as a spamming troll, and i'm damned sure people don't usually feel the need to post when they agree with someone.
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EU server gets a 'gator price change warning; US server gets a RPstory after the fact....i actually get the impression GM_Josh enjoys toying with the wynar syndrome to see how much zits it can pop at once.
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MightyGames wrote:
V. Pirates and PoD (Pay or Die)

With the introduction of the pirating tools in patch 1.0072, PoD requests are no longer allowed in regulated space. Should a PoD victim wish to make a complaint about what they beleive to be an inappropriate PoD, they should email support@mightygames.com with exact details. MG will then decide on an appropriate course of action.

Should MG discover a PoD request was issued within regulated space, it will issue a warning and is empowered to reclaim the stolen amount. Should that person repeat this behaviour, MG will view it as griefing and act appropriately.

well, fuck me! that's good news! i hope they get lots of praise...enough so that /give might even be irradicated. (if wishes were true...)
    oh god, and of course we get the "omg pirating is sooooo difficult and you just made it harder" martyr crap whine fest from hell...reminds me of a pisspoor pirate FAQ put out by Giomani many moons ago that romanticized the issue into nevernever land. (duly flamed here)
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2003 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, as of patch 75 MightyGames is nerfing their "no /give PoDs in reg space" - there's a trial balloon about reverting to the old status (with a few changes)
    course, we get to hear the huge vacuum cleaner sound effects as the WINGAME button PvP freaks suckup[
ooooooo an excuse to statpad again! weeeeeeee
Post new topic   Reply to topic    UMEC Forum Index -> Gameplay (ie. Content) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: