UMEC Forum Index UMEC
United Mining Exploration Commission: A group of friends playing JumpGate-- "a MMORPG that launched smoothly, breaks from fantasy character setting, emphasizes PvP, and is the first persistent world space simulator that nobody talks about." ~Scorch

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

R2D2 gets owned by HTH... News at 11

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HiTekHick
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2002 5:51 am    Post subject: R2D2 gets owned by HTH... News at 11 Reply with quote

FFS HTH on a rampage about "Rights vs. Privileges".

Meanwhile in a post in that same thread, R2D2 gets owned by HTH... News at 11.
Muffy edits in what Hickypoo wrote:
The Constitution is for free public speech, this is private property - and thus the owner of that property has the right to do whatever they wish with that property as long as it doesn't break any federal, state or local laws. The company has the right to reserve what it wants posted on its property. If you want to take them to court over them moderating their boards, be my guest. You would be laughed out of court I would imagine.

And if I'm not mistaken, if you go after ND, you have to take them to court in CO, and if you go after TG, you will have to go after them in NC. They get home-court advantage, sorry.

Go talk with a lawyer to find out what the real deal is with this. Technically, you are given permission to access personal property and agree to pay a sum every month to do so. Not only that, but you agree to abide by the owner of that property's rules. The rules include moderation of the boards and the game.

rant Sheesh... I think that people really don't understand the legal system. :headbang: Everytime you talk about restricting someone's speech, they bring up the US Constitution and are totally wrong about their perception of the freedom of speech. Hello, McFly... Which part of personal vs. public property don't you understand? Just because a lot of people go there does not make it public property.
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2002 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

figures. i don't even need to read taht thread. I saw this stupid movie on TV last night with a beautiful quote that sums him up succinctly:
Quote:
:?: So why do people pay attention to him?
arrow He's like a car crash. People just can't help themselves when they slow down to stare.

Last edited by MajorFreak on Thu Dec 05, 2002 1:58 am; edited 1 time in total
qweebo
Corporal
Corporal

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 11:08 pm    Post subject: great post HTH ! Reply with quote

:2c: A loooong time ago I saw the same attitude from people at the McD's where I was Maintainence. People seemed to think they were on public property and thought I did not have the right to kick their sorry ass off it when they misbehaved :headbang:
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm sorry, i can't take that thread (the linked one) seriously anymore. moving this to comedy forum.
Nicator
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2002 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to kill R2D2. He's driving me insane. I want to kill R2D2.
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2002 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MDK
Nicator
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2002 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like that, but I prefer something more painful.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    UMEC Forum Index -> Comic Relief All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: