UMEC Forum Index UMEC
United Mining Exploration Commission: A group of friends playing JumpGate-- "a MMORPG that launched smoothly, breaks from fantasy character setting, emphasizes PvP, and is the first persistent world space simulator that nobody talks about." ~Scorch

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

JumpGate payment options 101

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2002 12:04 pm    Post subject: JumpGate payment options 101 Reply with quote

Alright.

US SERVER
Introduction
This is usually a difficult choice to make and seems kind of overwhelming as the choices are pretty complex. What i'm going to do is show you exactly who's receiving your money and what payment option paths you can take. ONLY one of these paths (the direct CreditCard payment option) gives you 10 free days/payment recurring monthly (the other options are all 0freebies/ payment3-6month recurring)
    If you are lucky enough to have bought a boxed version you automatically get 30 free days as long as you input the code the boxed set gives you...How this supercedes the 10day/0day freebie limitations in step2 i'll have to figure out for you. My guess is that only the directCC option + boxed version allows this.
Step one of the registration process is accepting the 'Rules of Conduct' and choosing your Faction (the latter is a hurdle all in itself, but rest assured you can reset to another faction though it will be just like starting a new character from scratch)
    To aid you in the decision process the best PRAGMATIC and completely realistic view on the factions is located here: Fellblade's Guide to Factions (it's solid with zero BS)
Step two involves choosing a number of payment options. any payment you make will be handled by a middleman. This company called, "PayByCash" is a division of "Internet Payment Solutions" It's BetterBusinessBureau report is located here. This company is in turn owned by VeriSign Inc., a Mountain View, Calif., company that provides Web site authentication and security services. who's BBB report is located here. (it's a pretty darned powerful company)
    to put a positive spin on this, you know you're not dealing with amateurs. *G*
Here is step#2's initial webpage. (note the 10day freebie for the 1st option, BUT 0day freebie for the 2nd; as for how the boxed set allows you 30day freebie i still need to figure out, though i think it's only for the 1st option IF you have the boxed set too.)

Whichever option you pick, you'll be paying "PayByCash" who will let NetDevil know so they can activate your account. (which means you can't just jump in and start playing but will have to wait a SHORT time while "paybycash" does the redtape thing with "netdevil")
ND JumpGate Team wrote:
I would guess that it takes about 2 days after the money order is received to reactivate an account, but that is just my guess
  1. If you pick the first option you'll be paying "paybycash" directly from your credit card PER MONTH. Here is that page. (the other option forces you to choose 3 or 6 month payment plans)
  2. If you don't wish to pay directly with your credit card, you have another option. here is the intro page for this option...this leads to another page where you actually make the choice of "alternate" methods (ie. non-creditcard payment to "Paybycash")...I've taken a snapshot of the entire options list, here.
Rhembrant wrote:
An update.
NetDevil uses an outside service to charge player's credit cards. It used to be PayPal, and now they use Internet Payment Services. If you have been charged for cancelled pilot accounts, double-charged, or if you have any dispute at all, you can call them directly at:
1-434-978-1743.
The customer service lady was very helpful, and is refunding me the money due from this account. NETDEVIL DOES NOT MAKE IPS AWARE OF PILOT ACCOUNT CANCELLATIONS! So be careful if/when you cancel you JG account. You may find that you will continue to be charged. This has been my public service for the day. Thank you.
GM_Virgil wrote:
Actually, IPS now handles all our billing and account support as well. To cancel your account, if you are using direct credit card billing or PayByCash services, you will need to contact them directly at jumpgate_billing@netdevil.com - pilot_support cannot cancel Jumpgate accounts.

The only double-billings we have ever been aware of involve PayPal [unrelated to paybycash], and every single one of these has been user error in either not cancelling the account correctly, having multiple PayPal subscriptions on the same account, or signing up using IPS while also leaving a PayPal subscription active. Unfortunately, because of the way PayPal works, we do not have the ability to prevent these from occuring. This is also why we do not allow direct PayPal subscriptions any longer.

For any issues involving PayPal subscriptions, you can email pilot_support@netdevil.com and we will be able to help resolve the situation, and then place you in NetDevil's billing queue for a refund.

There. now then, i have to research the 30day freebie (w/ boxed set) and how it supercedes the payment options. *shrug*

EU SERVER
The european server (mightygames) is for those from England to Turkey and waypoint inbetween even out to Ukraine. well, this one's a bit more convoluted since there's TWO registration processes.

Step one After you've pressed the "Play" button (the mightygame's homepage will look like this), the first thing you MUST do, is to register a forum account (or log in with a forum account)...Don't make a grammatical error with you forum/website name or you're screwed because that email MightyGames sends you doesn't repeat your name/password. boo hoo....After you've completed this step you'll see this page.
    remember, it'll look like that every time you go to that website without logging in, capiche?
Step two of the registration process is choosing your Pilot's name/password and choosing your Faction (the latter is a hurdle all in itself, but rest assured you can reset to another faction though it will be just like starting a new character from scratch)
    To aid you in the decision process the best PRAGMATIC and completely realistic view on the factions is located here: Fellblade's Guide to Factions (it's solid with zero BS)
Step three is downloading the game...Well, hmmmmmm...i dunno. don't see any "billing" stuff on the registration page so far. How confusing...definitely need to study up on this for sure. (perhaps it's explained in the email?) oh oh! Wait! Once you go back to the homepage you'll see it looks different!

Step four Well, you can start playing the 10 free days without entering any billing options. (yes, lots of 2nd accounts, but it's a problem for the US server too)
    yes, i know it only says 5 when you're signing up and stuff, but it turns out it's TEN. lemmie repeat that cause it's important. YOU GET TEN FREE DAYS INSTEAD OF FIVE!

Anyways, once your free days are used up, you'll see this
Step five Once you're ready to begin paying to play JumpGate you can hit that "subcriptions" button and you'll see this page. Both options require you to have a credit card. (BTW, portions of the contract are quoted below relating to billing stuff)
    as for the "third option" mentioned i. haven't. the. slightest. clue. OH! wait a tic, found something while reading the JG-Guide (one of the options on the very very bottom of the MG webpages) Looks like there used to be a full year's option. Not anymore, since it was only a special deal for the release of JG back in 2001.
Anyways, the next page after the contract thingie is this scary bit of bandwidth. Cute, eh? I'm not sure how much you can BS to get by this, or even if you should (ie. outside the countries serviced by MightyGames) *shrug* Whatever, for test purposes i'll need to test this sometime if i don't get decent answers from the forums. *g*

Contract (EU server) wrote:
For the processing of credit card payments, Planetactive GmbH uses the services of Bibit B.V. and Stichting Trusted Third Party Bibit Internet Payments, Netherlands.

You may withdraw from this contract and subscription without reasons or penalty any time within 14 days of entering into the agreement. To do so you must send your written withdrawal to:

Planetactive GmbH
Attn. Mightygames Accounting
Emanuel-Leutze-Str. 20
40547 Düsseldorf
Germany

Your withdrawal should state the payment plan you signed up for, your postal address and a phone number where we can contact you if there are questions.
    not really sure about all that. does this mean one doesn't need to cancel one's subscription with that netherlands billing company (before that 14day trial period)??
GM_Steve wrote:
Ahm .. i guess you are referring to the fact, that you have the right to cancel your subscription within 14 days after subscribing. In that case we would have to contact the "billing dudes" . So you would have to contact us first and we would do the rest.
GM_Steve wrote:
Officially peoples from outside Europe are not allowed to play on this server, for that there is the US Server

Step Six Once you've completed all three subscription steps you'll be immediately allowed to play JumpGate (instant. surprised i was)

Last edited by MajorFreak on Sat Dec 07, 2002 10:54 pm; edited 5 times in total
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UMEC's MightyGame's JG login FAQ:
http://umec.oesm.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=1650
If you are experiencing difficulties with the MightyGames.com login procedure to play JumpGate i suggest you check that link i just posted.

For US server's NetDevil JG reinstallation FAQ see here

Last edited by MajorFreak on Wed Mar 19, 2003 10:00 am; edited 12 times in total
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2002 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

US server issues
Nanotech wrote:
Send an e-mail to pilot_support@netdevil.com
There is a bug in the billing line that all accounts seem to need activating by Themis even though the billing has already gone through, etc.
Usually fixed within 24 hours or so.....

dunno if this is for reactivated accounts or across the board.
Nicator
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just reactivating, I believe.
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zeshin wrote:
For the last weeks I've been trying to get in contact with the US Jumpgate support. Every mail bounce back because of delivery timeouts and I have tried sending from 4 diffrent providers. Would have posted on the US forum, but that's kinda the issue - my US account has run out and refuses to reactivate even though my creditcard is charged every month...Can anyone yell at the US support people to search for a reason why they havn't had any support cases for the last months? The support mail addresses I've been trying to reach is pilot_support@netdevil.com and jumpgate_billing@netdevil.com. Thanks.
Havik wrote:
Hmmm, I've had to some reactivation recently, and I haven't had any probs, and I sent from pilot_support@netdevil.com. However, when the mail from poor Snaps came back, it was sent from jumpgate@themis-support.com ...might be worth trying that.
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EP2 RELEASE
US SERVER
some folks are experiencing difficulting in reactivating and have posted for help here
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ND general forum thread
GM_Josh makes like the lone ranger and rescues non-reactivating damsels in distress.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    UMEC Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: