UMEC Forum Index UMEC
United Mining Exploration Commission: A group of friends playing JumpGate-- "a MMORPG that launched smoothly, breaks from fantasy character setting, emphasizes PvP, and is the first persistent world space simulator that nobody talks about." ~Scorch

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why do I think there is no cargo insurance in unreg?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BaadF00d
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 10:03 pm    Post subject: Why do I think there is no cargo insurance in unreg? Reply with quote

Really? why?

I am firmly convinced that cargo in unregulated space - any cargo - is uninsured. But why?

Doing a google search turns up nothing. Searching forums.jossh.com turns upa bunch of threads that involve the words "unreg", "insurance", and "cargo" BUT - well one of the oldest threads has a _request_ dammit from Teeleton to uninsure cargo in unreg, then, a few threads later, random people are talking about cargo and unreg, and complaining about the lack of insurance there - never complaining mind you about an actual event they suffered - its just this viral meme that they seem to be infected by - I cant find anything official, or even a post relating to an actual experience regarding collecting on insurance in unreg.

How strange.
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3DO forums thread
Though, trusting Innominate's word on the matter when he just might get a kick out of luring fools into unreg to gank their ACTUALLY noninsured cargo is another story, hmmmmm? (maybe we should test this)
    personally, i assumed cargo was uninsured in unreg because of all the broo-ha-ha stirred up by carebears getting ganked in there. (i mean, if they're carebears, why should they care about penalties?)...That was one of the reasons UMEC went to war with TheRapists
Though, for a devil's advocate of complete and utter gobbledeegook probably inspired by a hash pipe:
Kat (aka. Mrwrongmostofthetime) wrote:
Last I tested it cargo is insured in unreg... however if you /home at an unreg station your cargo is not.
Xindaan
EU Advisor
EU Advisor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
On a different note: Crashing my in-game char's tow into the beacon of ZR caused me to get insurance money for the cargo I transported. (On staging.)

GMHollis at the MG board on a similar debate.
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmmmmmmm...noted. thx.
Lupus
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2002 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I remember one of the pirates on EU (StarLite I think) had this and posted on PJG to point it out. Doesn't help us much if his post went down with that ship though...
Xindaan
EU Advisor
EU Advisor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2002 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StarLite was /homed at an unreg station, however. Me thinks someone should test the /home-dependencies.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    UMEC Forum Index -> Gameplay (ie. Content) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: