UMEC Forum Index UMEC
United Mining Exploration Commission: A group of friends playing JumpGate-- "a MMORPG that launched smoothly, breaks from fantasy character setting, emphasizes PvP, and is the first persistent world space simulator that nobody talks about." ~Scorch

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pure roids 101

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2002 11:40 pm    Post subject: Pure roids 101 Reply with quote

this topic doesn't deal with radioactive, semifluxor, precious, ice or common roid mining. for those go here.

PURE ROIDS 101
ND general forum thread (archived-best source of info; BTW, EU server (mightygames) increased the MAX spawn radius to 45k)

screenshot of a premia mining a pure roid and here's one showing
minimum EU spawn radius for a pure roid (another EU shot)

Posting this because i forgot to mention that there's XP rewards for "popping a pure" (not quite sure if they've fixed the 'delayed' pop bug yet)
JOSSH wrote:
8-9-2002
Players will now receive 1000 experience for popping a small pure asteroid, 2000 experience for popping a medium sized pure asteroid, and 4000 experience for popping a large sized pure asteroid.
boolybooly wrote:
Wingman - mining pures
If you wing up and mine pures you dont share experience when they [pop].
    anyways, if the bug is still in place the symptoms of said bug are:
  • pure (commod) roid get's "stuck" (ie. no apparent units being minded) and refuses to "pop")
  • bonus bug: pures that aren't popped tend to regenerate/refresh ala the 5 normal types. (2units/hr)
  • bonus bug: mining a "stuck" pure will add verrrrrrry low amounts to your cargo hold even though a /cargo comm line command shows no increase (and your HUD shows no increase to the 0.00c index)...you'll see the bonus ore upon looking in your inventory at dock only.
As for a handy list of the colour coding? we've never really bothered with a detailed examination, so i'll just update what Adara posted in that archived thread...
Gray/White: Aluminum, Barium, Indium, Lithium, Magnesium, Titanium, Uranium, Vanadium, Palladium
Blue/Purple: Antimony, Cesium, Cobalt, Iridium, Indium, Molybdenum
Red: Gallium, Phosphorous, Radium
Yellow: Boron, [gold - haven't "discovered"]
Brown: Silicon, Zinc
Green: Germanium

As for the pricings of such, you can always check that link i gave in the archived thread (or if yer lazy just go here)...for a more current and accurate listing you'll need to check the various 'Market Listers' of which my favorite is JumpGateWeb's

Last edited by MajorFreak on Mon Jan 20, 2003 7:49 am; edited 10 times in total
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2002 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah. further note (just to be sure): pure roids don't count towards your "miner's heart" medal, no are pure roid "ores" counted as ore. (ie. commods, not ore)
    therefore, you won't need an ore refinery to exploit the pure roid spawns
I'm not sure, but there's a rumor going around that pure roid spawn types aren't truly random, but that's probably an irish fishwive's tale.
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmmmmmm...Thorshmmr seems to think Green pure are associated with Gallium. hmm. lemmie check my own PnP stats...unless they changed it in a recent patch it's Red. huh. *shrug* (yet another lure to enter a temp account and return) plus he's sure silver is a gray. (and copper is either red/brown)
    actually, he seems to imply that brown/red are a class together and it's only one colour. hmmm...no wait a minute, he's starting to ramble. okay.
    :dolt:
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2002 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minimum listed price in credits per unit.

Aluminum 2000 White
Antimony 25000 Violet
Barium 1100 White
Boron 2500 Yellow
Cesium 4700 Violet
Chromium 2450 White! (Miquant pic in myrotacol.net's snapshot gallery)
Copper 7500 Brown (not sure if this is red now. :/ )
Cobalt 2500 Violet
Erbium 20200 *unknown*
Gallium 10000 Red
Germanium 22000 Green
Gold 20000 Yellow
Indium 12000 White? (Miquant pic in myrotacol.net's snapshot gallery)
Iridium 15000 Violet
Iron 1400 *unknown*
Lithium 10000 White
Magnesium 1750 White
Molybdenum 3000 Violet
Palladium 35000 White
Phosphorous 2000 Red
Platinum 22000 White (confirmed by both Ejot and Quorx)
Plutonium 30200 *unknown*
Radium 80000 Red
Silver 13000 *unknown*
Silicon 2200 Brown (not sure if this is red now. :/ )
Titanium 10000 White
Uranium 50000 White
Vanadium 20000 White
Zinc 1200 Brown (not sure if this is red now :\ )

The above list was created using the data kindly provided by myrotacol.net here about pure roid commodity pricings.
HiTekHick
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2002 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iron is a redish-brown, silver is a greyish-white.
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EP2 RELEASE (EP2 FAQ)

StarDruid (US server) wrote:
New pure spots????? Anyone knwo what the new pure spawn radius is? I know I can't find them anymore at 1k-16k out.
StarDruid wrote:
okay all i've got a brief report on pures, i've been findign them at 18k to 30K out. Good luck fidnign them anymore, that puts this most of the time right in a field of worthless commons.
OP_Toast wrote:
Assuming they haven't changed that bit of code too, pures always spawn on their own, so you just have to look for lone roids on radar. On EU our spawn range is 40k iirc and they're a doddle to track down in a tense with a knocker
Aphelion (US server) wrote:
The folks at MyRotacol.net have determined the new spawn sphere for pures is from 8-30k from the 0,0,0 gate.

That is all.
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gopher wrote:
This isn't entirely new...
This used to happen when one would dock at a station to sell ore. You would have a small amount of ore (sample) from the next pure. It didn't show up via the /cargo command though. Looks like this has changed. If this is a bug, it's a good one. You can decide whether you want to hunt the next pure or move on. For me, this has often been encouraging as I've received some samples of valuable roids this way.
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scoundrel wrote:
How to pure mine:

Ok one thing you need to know is that pure roids spawn within 40k of the 0 gate(mabye 60k, been awhile but Im pretty sure its 40k)

Enter a sector and exit the JG, once out and you are capable to jump again hit your jump key and your radar will auto target the 0 gate. The 0 gate is the gate that the rotacol coords begin at(0.0 0.0 0.0)

Once the 0 gate is determined the easiest way to tell if the sector is worth giving it a shot or not is to fly to the 0 gate and jump out and back in. Look at your radar and see how many roids there are near the JG, you want as little roids as possible.

After you find a suitable sector all that is needed for you to do is go and check all the roids til ya find the pure and mine away. You must continue mining until the roid 'pops' making it dissappear in a spray of colour. Then the next roid will show up on your radar. So its best to look at your radar before the roid you are mining pops and remember where the normal roids are, so you dont have check everyone again to find it.

Sectors that I have found easy to pure in are Hook of Roh (my personal fav but that was before EP2 so Im not sure how the new spawn flux will affect that sector) Inner Roh Cloud (used to be idle due to the fact that there where no flux spawns, but the flux there now are small so they should be manageable) and Lesser locks. I also pured in Orus tail but you should wait til you get used to searching for the pure before attemptng to mine there since there are a lot more roids near the gate.

I hope this helps, if anyone nows of any other good sectors pls post them here to lend a helping hand. Also if I missed anything or someone has some other helpful hints pls add those as well.

thank you for your time

update. not sure at all anymore about pure spawn distances...they keep F***ing changing them, sorry.
Heretic
Chief WO4
Chief WO4

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:41 pm    Post subject: FTP transfer between mindphyre and razorskiss complete Reply with quote

:dunce:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    UMEC Forum Index -> Free Database (JumpGate) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: