UMEC Forum Index UMEC
United Mining Exploration Commission: A group of friends playing JumpGate-- "a MMORPG that launched smoothly, breaks from fantasy character setting, emphasizes PvP, and is the first persistent world space simulator that nobody talks about." ~Scorch

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

It may be too late...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UMEC Forum Index -> ARM projects & Homeworld forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HiTekHick
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 5:45 pm    Post subject: It may be too late... Reply with quote

Josh worked over the forums last night. *Deleting* posts.
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahahaha...i knew it. yeah, i figured i'd never finish in time. too bad really, because we probably lost alot of really cool ideas (was planning on doing the Brainstorm forum next, then the Community announcement forum links)
    *sigh* Anyways, i was operating under the assumption Josh could purge at any moment so i was saving to disk as i conducted my archiving, so everything in our Freedatabase and DRContent forums is snug as a bug in a rug.
uhhhhhhh...wait a tic. he didn't purge the archive forum? why didn't he recycle that forum? huh? wha? that's kinda ghey, but i'll buy that for a dollar! w00t! looks like my archive job still has purpose, though a little "swisscheese" effect is bound to happen.
insane
omg. they're gone. the archive forums may still "look" like they're still there, but it's ALL gone.
©*Josh Purge™ ©*Josh Purge™ ©*Josh Purge™

Hicky! tell Josh that the forums might be in the worse shape they're in now because the forum structure might still think the archive forums are still there, but they're not.

hahaha...omg i've got so much free time on my hands it's silly. lol
:o
timski
EU Advisor
EU Advisor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2002 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look on the bright side, all the flames, rants, largely pointless EP2 wishlists and such like are loading much faster. *sigh*

If it helps any I have HiTekHick's Star Skill and AmenRa's PVP guide backed up myself, along with a few other things filled under 'too useful to even consider losing', which I think you have backed up already.

My first line of panic in such circumstances [url=http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://forums.jossh.com/]is looking vacant[/url] - my guess is jossh.com is set to disallow archiving, and the one entry there slipped through the net :( .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    UMEC Forum Index -> ARM projects & Homeworld forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: