UMEC Forum Index UMEC
United Mining Exploration Commission: A group of friends playing JumpGate-- "a MMORPG that launched smoothly, breaks from fantasy character setting, emphasizes PvP, and is the first persistent world space simulator that nobody talks about." ~Scorch

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Armchair pokes in for an update

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2002 10:10 pm    Post subject: Armchair pokes in for an update Reply with quote

Armchair wrote:
Howdy pilots. I used to fly here but haven't in ages. Out of difference to ND, the JG community, and the game I poured way too many of my waking hours into I kept my account open after hanging up the throttle. I saw brief mention of big changes rolled into an expansion release a few months ago, but the only thing I can find about it now seems to be some ppl upset over apparent delays.

After a bit of lurkage (slow work day) on this board, I still can't really tell what is the same as / different from JG in 2001. Seems like some pilots are still upset about balance and others about civ-ripping, pirating, and various ncpvp issues. Anyone care to shed some light on current events for an old timer? The topics I'm most interested in are:

1. Did they fix the cheating problems?
2. How's same-class / cross-class Balance?
3. Where has the story taken us?
4. Is PVP alive and well in the game?
5. Is there something to explore beyond arty hunting?
6. What is the state of the economy?
7. Are any of my old compatriots still out there?
Manaani wrote:
1. Did they fix the cheating problems?
Yes
2. How's same-class / cross-class Balance?
Ok, I suppose, phoon is rather overshadowed, but balance is much better than it was
3. Where has the story taken us?
Sort of I suppose, no new FMs, but there's been some interesting events and stuff.
4. Is PVP alive and well in the game?
Again sort of, it's a mixed bag usually, some days you have some really great fights, the next you get pissed off at the game and don't play for a few days. I think the good combat is worth it though (like when frst, sk, lex, and I owned some Sol navy in unreg a week or two ago, unf)
5. Is there something to explore beyond arty hunting?
There's pures I suppose, but really...no. Episode 2 is supposed to have stuff, but we don't have any real solid info.
6. What is the state of the economy?
Ummm, I don't know, I fight with xans money and I haven't been in a tow since I brought some hitmen to GBS a few weeks ago
7. Are any of my old compatriots still out there?
GET THEE IN MY PANTS
Also post here pls, we all miss you so much

luv,
manananaaanananananaanaani
Armchair wrote:
More old timers than I expected..
Thanks for the responses, answers and heys. I'm glad to see familiar handles still in it for the haul. Let's see if I can compress a response:

Cheating fixed! Hooray for the devs. I thought that (if anything) would be the undoing of the game. This at least is great news.

Balance is better, though has yet to reach nirvana. I'm sorry to have turned down the opportunity to help out, but I was already gone when those invitations went out. It sounds like there hasn't been any attempt to balance across the classes, but that was a pipe dream anyway. I'm happy to hear that strides have been made in same-class balance.

Where's the plot? Now I'm a sad panda. I had high hopes for this one, as Themis seemed to be off to a good start as I was slipping into retirement. I see their names on the board still, are they fairly involved in-game or is it all forum work?

PVP is here but has issues. In what ways is it messed up? Problems with the bounty-system? No one flies in unreg? Not enough / too many pirates? No way / too easy to avoid risk?

Artifacts, and maybe more soon. Is there a solid estimate on the release of the maybe more part or good details on what it is? Player driven discovery would be fluxing fantastic. It seems like I may be checking back at exactly the right time, if not a few weeks(?) early...

Economy is in the shiatter. Art imitates life. It was headed that way last year, and foreign policy/crisis management was a convenient smokescreen to distract the populace. Are we still talking about the game or RL?

Hooray for Booray, the gang's (almost) all here! I'm getting all misty-eyed for the old days and we're still missing more than a few names that Id like to see on this thread. Does anyone know if Istvan, Musashi_X, Karash, Gauusi, HandSolo are around under different names? I guess it would be too much to hope that there was a Gossip or Lothar around. I also don't suppose that TheMiller or Wegiz are around if Sloman isn't (aside from a bit of simmage)... Ekoostik? Kirlain? At least Emma will always be there, right?

Uh oh.. I have a lot more to say and I didn't get to the questions about my stick (unf unf) or what I've been up to. However, the network is getting ready to be bounced here at work, so I'm going to lunch.

Keep the faith and I'll be back (at least for more postages).

Armchair
-Mourning the death of 'I like pie'
Post new topic   Reply to topic    UMEC Forum Index -> Gameplay (ie. Content) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: