UMEC Forum Index UMEC
United Mining Exploration Commission: A group of friends playing JumpGate-- "a MMORPG that launched smoothly, breaks from fantasy character setting, emphasizes PvP, and is the first persistent world space simulator that nobody talks about." ~Scorch

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

%^&$% amazing Beek Tracker

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 3:54 pm    Post subject: %^&$% amazing Beek Tracker Reply with quote

Xyleth wrote:
Sorry This has taken so long! Real life intervened

Anyway, you can get the app from here;

http://www.xyleth.co.uk/MapReader.zip

Here are some instructions;

1) Down load and extract to a directory on your Hard drive, doesn't matter what it's called.

2) Run the ProfitCalc.exe file

3) Go to File -> Options and set the location of the Beacon Data file and the Tax Cache file. Working copies of these are provided in the ../Assets/Data directory named BeaconLoc.csv and Tax.ini respectively. The first is requrired, the second option (the program will compain if you don't set it). The middle option can be ignored as it's there for future development.

4) OK out of that dialog and select Tools -> Calculate Tax (Load JOSSH Data grabs the EU JOSSH inventory file and displays it but nothing more right now).

5) Click the Load Map Button and select your map screen shot. This should be a 800x600x32 screenshot with weather and waypoints turned off saved into a 24bit bitmap file (pasting and saving into Windows paint should be fine).

6) Enter your pilot name as it appears on the JOSSH squad manager and hit Get Pilot Data. The Program will try to look up your pilot data and use that and the beacon info to calculate your Tax values, which it will then display below.

This code probably qualifies as Alpha. It works, but I make no promises about it's stability or lack thereof. It tries to die cleanly if it crashes, but if it does cause your system to explode or you cat to have furballs then it's your own stupid fault for using it. It works on my Win XP system, my work Win 2k system and my Mum Win 98 system. Beyond that I haven't done any extensive testing. Your mileage may vary as they say.

If that hasn't scared you all away, I hope you enjoy it and any feedback would be greatefully recieved.

Yours,
Xy.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad link.
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2002 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks, Jindra. hmmmmmmmmmmm...good thing i linked the original thread.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    UMEC Forum Index -> Free Database (JumpGate) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: