UMEC Forum Index UMEC
United Mining Exploration Commission: A group of friends playing JumpGate-- "a MMORPG that launched smoothly, breaks from fantasy character setting, emphasizes PvP, and is the first persistent world space simulator that nobody talks about." ~Scorch

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Faction Mission Rewards

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 3:44 pm    Post subject: Faction Mission Rewards Reply with quote

MightyGames Forum Thread

GymCee wrote:
I have been told whilst taking part in <a faction mission involving commodity haulage> that only the first 50 units of a delivery count toward the FM, whilst I may get exp and credits for further units they don't up the FM.

Is this true.

A little clarification would be apprecited. As in the past I've hauled 200 gold (the most I'm willing to TOW) and if 150 units didn't count why bother, I could bring something more profitable on the run instead.

Knowing either way would be helpful as QBLD can broker larger quantities or I can haul smaller quantities.

GymCee out

Follow the above link to get answers
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GMHollis wrote:
We're working on returning to the "FM commodities vanish" thing. The broker/hauler+producer/runner symbiosis has been a great community builder in the past. Additionally, it brought people into the RP background, it introduced the factions, there was diplomacy RP with broker commodities exchanges between factions. It even gave PvPers who did not like hauling/running something to do. Either being involved in trying to slow down other FMs, or being defenders and trying to prevent exactly that. Everyone could become involved. The non-vanishing commodities got rid of a lot of this. No need for haulers+producers. Of course, no more need for diplomacy between the *bld to exchange commodities either, and so on.

Also, FM runner had (still has) roughly the same importance, as the "50 unit to FM progress" applied universally for all players, regardless of level. In worst case, a ship with size 1 cargo would contribute 26 units (including floor space), while there was the maximum of 50 units.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    UMEC Forum Index -> Free Database (JumpGate) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: