UMEC Forum Index UMEC
United Mining Exploration Commission: A group of friends playing JumpGate-- "a MMORPG that launched smoothly, breaks from fantasy character setting, emphasizes PvP, and is the first persistent world space simulator that nobody talks about." ~Scorch

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

who was/is royofCA?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bagger88
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how many times I've heard of RoyofCA, but still don't really know "Who" he is. I always thot he was a whiner from the beta days, but I'd love to hear about him from someone who knows.

My opinion, JG is making a bit of money, cause otherwise they would of pulled the plug. It's been a year now and that's too long sink money into a venture without a major new product planned. Considering that they don't advertise and have this little comm problem about the games future, I think they must feel confident enough in their ability to pay the bills/salaries.

Hmmm, maybe I should start a second account.....Eye of Roh...or maybe The Gang.... wink
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heh. royofCA is your classic fanboi. (think Derek Smart or Sir Bruce; professional troll wannabe is royofCA)
    you see, back in betatest there was this complete tool who used to never swear, but he was arrogant about nothing, told people off for testing out the bugs like they were playtesters or something (seemed like he had a monopoly in that area), claimed credit for such things as the demise of the first incarnation of OEC (only one to do so), whined outloud about lack of medals for himself (only one to do so), created some stupid news reporter character to follow him around and report his great achievements alongside "unbiased" news, flamed Gbob (our first community manager; the one that came up with the idea for the 2nd GVB war) for having the temerity to question royofCA "interpretation" of the plot for our first real event in the stress test....He seems to have a habit of stealing, borrowing, buying, creating different accounts to play under and "coming out" and admitting that one's really royofCA. (merchant, goku, some NPC for poGBS, etc)
There's one thing that bugs me about this MENSA troll, and that is his utter banality. he's never really brought anything good to this community, and simply steals other's ideas for himself. (after watering them down) It's a horrible shame really. Anyways, alot of folk think i'm paranoid for thinking he's still around in some form or another (like how some pvp squads change names like it's going out of style)...Anyways, you can find the drivel about that conspiracy theory of mine in our classified forums here (gotten alot of grief on ND public forums because of private idle speculation aired by those i "suspect" of being roy...which is patented roy behavior, but i'll refuse to confirm or deny that in public because that would mean i was violating the codes of conduct -- course i get baited by the trolls with "don't act so innocent". *sigh*
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:[

and the *IC* reason i hate his guts and will never forget (almost) and never forgive is during beta6 just after the 2nd Cruentus Legio went into full swing with OEC aiding CL with raids into Quantar Core, he flew as Merchant around Quantar sectors blowing away n00b Quantar miners until he had a kill count in the high double digits. (back when you could gank n00bs with just a bounty and neg pr - xp hits, regulated sectors, insurance denial, and trade denial weren't coded yet)
Bagger88
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe, I knew he was almost universally hated. Thanks for the scoop Muffy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    UMEC Forum Index -> Flame War All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: