UMEC Forum Index UMEC
United Mining Exploration Commission: A group of friends playing JumpGate-- "a MMORPG that launched smoothly, breaks from fantasy character setting, emphasizes PvP, and is the first persistent world space simulator that nobody talks about." ~Scorch

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

infestations and nuke time/money sinks?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2002 3:09 pm    Post subject: infestations and nuke time/money sinks? Reply with quote

ND general forum thread
what the heck's that all about? anyways, just curious. Is it that much of a big deal, or is it just another "weather" novelty that's eventually going to be nerfed just like weather literally was? :P
Bagger88
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2002 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Qweebo taught me how to make nukes a few weeks ago. I easily spent 10 mil making about 500 nukes. I now just ship the components back to Wake and let others go out and make it (IC cheap Sol Merchant 8) ). Sounds like if you run through the entire production cycle of making the biomass you can come out a lot closer to even. I'll have to head to Hype and try it.
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2002 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sweet! thanks. BTW, i never flew when infestations became all the rage. what's it like?
HiTekHick
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dive-bombing a gate... But the nukes do have a very nice explosion... :D
Bagger88
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I did one before Nukes that was pretty cool. It was when pilots discovered that Infestations regenerate themselves. Everyone was pissed because they had fired over 50 torps into it 1 at a time and the thing was still there. The Sents were pretty much finished, but 1 kept apprearing occasionally. I was in my tow and did a speed run to Oct to pick up Torps, dropped em off at Aman except the ones I loaded on my Combat Tow and headed for the Infestation. Bout then an orange storm hit, so vis totally sucked. The lead pilots weren't sure if the infestation had "shields" or different parts so they wanted to hit it from the same angle.

When I pulled up somesaid, "OMG, who's flying a Tow here!" then the next call was "everyone form up on the tow and wait for the call to fire." (Cause I was different and visable). After about 10 minutes and 1 Sent attack, the call to fire was given to the 20 or so ships assembled. Bam!! Lag like I've never seen in JG, missiles seemed to be flying everywhere and through me. Prolly about 75 missiles fired at once, some of em MS making even more. One guy shot me because he still had me locked on from formup, but Morter shields are the best and I was fine. It was pretty orange, but the Ifestation blew up nicely and we all had a good laugh about my tow being the lead on the Infestation attack.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    UMEC Forum Index -> Gameplay (ie. Content) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: