UMEC Forum Index UMEC
United Mining Exploration Commission: A group of friends playing JumpGate-- "a MMORPG that launched smoothly, breaks from fantasy character setting, emphasizes PvP, and is the first persistent world space simulator that nobody talks about." ~Scorch
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

24hr muffy cold turkey expose

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    UMEC Forum Index -> Comic Relief
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
MajorFreak
Guest





PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2002 7:54 am    Post subject: 24hr muffy cold turkey expose Reply with quote

what muffy's posts look like when he's quit smoking (last time was way back in oct 2001)

Muffy wrote:
Source thread
I suppose the average monkey would understand that i was posting something so later on after you, or your xth account posted something like this:
http://forums.jossh.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=63669&highlight=fuck#post63669
...and then i could say, "i told you so"

It's actually quite interesting how the supposed censors of this "new and improved" forum hardly blinked an eye at your use of WTF in the subject title and ALLCAPS usage of a child borne out of wedlock in your first sentence...All the more impressive when i got one of my posts deleted and a warning sent to me by the great gurus about flaming you in this thread.
    actually quite fascinating how you always complain about a short leash while everyone nods "wisely" over your tongue-in-cheek sense of humor.

    One wonders who exactly are we censoring FOR? Since i'm not aware of any change in this sandbox. period.
Muffy wrote:
Source thread
ah yeah. bite me. I'm not paid to do this, in fact the opposite...I wasn't very impressed i got zero warning from Josh before he nuked stuff n00bs "just might" be "vaguely interested in"

I'm sure he'll claim that alerting the public that a purge was going to be in effect would adversely affect "something" (which is the usual crap drivel i get from bored, overworked devs making stupid mistakes)
    hey, it's only words right? not like Josh or ND need a n00b FAQ, so let me do the work
like i said earlier: "the archives will be repaired ©*Soon™*®"
Muffy wrote:
Source thread
isn't this yet another "closed system" that ND/TG shot down? like duodecimal's suggestion along the same lines.

personally, i'm tired of the same old "self-policing works" speel by everyone and their dog.
Muffy wrote:
Source thread
it's called MMOG player community versus MUD gm mentality = morale meatgrinder. (ie. the demoralizing consequences of finding out one is not only jumping through a limitless amt of hoops but also completely blind as to how these hoops are ordered)
    in fact, i doubt it occurred to TG or ND that having biomass production begin BEFORE nuke production was possible might have been the most beneficial route.

    In all honestly, i think they were caught up in the "let's play lab mice" with the cute playerbase.
The military has a term for such institutionalized incompetence: SNAFU (ie. the "hurry up and wait" atmosphere)
Muffy wrote:
Source thread
no no...he didn't mean that you goof. All he meant was it kinda sucks to have the "hurry up and wait" attitude so prevalent in real life intrude into a GAME.

oh. and another thing. wouldn't YOU be a little ticked off if...
http://jumpgate.netdevil.com/database/commodities/conflux_biomass.html
...only required chemicals to produce at "various" production centers. CHEMICALS! we're not talking rocket science here.

Are you telling me that the jossh biomass description clearly states that biomass is only made once the hyperial FM is complete???
Muffy wrote:
Source thread
yup. rarely do i agree with Tritian.
Muffy wrote:
Source thread
no no...he didn't mean that you goof. All he meant was it kinda sucks to have the "hurry up and wait" attitude so prevalent in real life intrude into a GAME.

oh. and another thing. wouldn't YOU be a little ticked off if...
http://jumpgate.netdevil.com/database/commodities/conflux_biomass.html
...only required chemicals to produce at "various" production centers. CHEMICALS! we're not talking rocket science here.

Are you telling me that the jossh biomass description clearly states that biomass is only made once the hyperial FM is complete???
Muffy wrote:
Source thread
eh? is royofCA a naughty word now? lol.
Muffy wrote:
*deleted*
heh. i hope you didn't mean me, mate. cause in no way shape or bloody form did i mention anyone, or anything, BUT a single instance so specific in time it would be classified as FACT.

assuming your average monkey looks at life with even the slightest bit of self-effacing humor, you'd expect your average monkey to wonder why on earth my post was deleted.

The fact stands that i was simply posting a recollection of a similar need to post in general forum about the medal issue. (sparked no doubt by the "bug forum" applicability in this case)
    the fact that the issue was resolved was irrelevant to my post...In fact the issue revolving around my post is pretty hilarious. The fact it got deleted is hysterically funny to me
Muffy wrote:
*deleted*
you know. the last time i made a "7 week ban" remark on the forums was the day i got a notice from the administrator warning me never to use that term again.

I'm sure you're so far up whatever hole is available they might end up hurting themselves if they admonish you. am i right?
Muffy wrote:
you wanna translate that?

"if paranoid = good then royofCA = naughty word." sorry, kinda miss your point there, mate. Is that some sort of reference to something i've never posted on a public forum? That is what you're trying to allude to in a sort of stupid fashion now, isn't it?

I'm actually quite curious why this sort of "polite" baiting isn't seen as it is - a flame bait - and deleted out of hand. (i mean this sort of "polite" baiting goes on all the time in "jovial" squad flame wars)
    i'm actually quite curious and intrigued why you seem to enjoy "stealing" identities on an abstract level. I'm sure you'd call that just being an egotistical troll that is muffy. *shrug*
Muffy wrote:
*deleted*
playing innocent? IM BEING FUCKING POLITE YOU SACK OF SHIT
Muffy wrote:
=)

yer apparently new to forums, aren't ya? don't be so coy and innocent yerself, guys. I'm sure you're quite aware that post would've been deleted even without a very nasty complaint being sent in by royofCA. It's pretty obvious trying to post stuff about forum rules get's deleted. though i'm sure the irony is a little too much for you two.

you'll notice i deleted most of those latter posts. heheh
Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    UMEC Forum Index -> Comic Relief All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Space Pilot 3K template by Jakob Persson.
Powered by phpBB © 2001 phpBB Group