UMEC Forum Index UMEC
United Mining Exploration Commission: A group of friends playing JumpGate-- "a MMORPG that launched smoothly, breaks from fantasy character setting, emphasizes PvP, and is the first persistent world space simulator that nobody talks about." ~Scorch

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jossh is bugged and this might be bad...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hiigaran
Nemesis
Nemesis

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 5:01 am    Post subject: Jossh is bugged and this might be bad... Reply with quote

Hey, folks...

I was buzzing around Qcore tonight... watching Pyrodaphon's antics... when some lvl 20ish TORGA quant MF shoots me, gets a bounty... dont know why, i think he thought i was helping pyro (i wasnt, just watching)

Anyway, i turned around and downed the guy.

Slightly after that i get into a big brawl with a bunch of quants and a poor bountied sol bomber... bomber dies, jossh bugged down and no one got the kill.

Nothing big there. A bit later, i see Tryon entering the sector. I say hi to him on f1, we talk a little bit, then he docks.

All of a sudden, Tryon starts talking ot me on f2. And i freak out. I check my squad, quickly, to make sure he didnt join (even tho his tags were UMEC before). I ask Tryon what is going on, and he prolly thought i was being strange. My squad tags showed i was UMEC (confirmed several times later, as well).

now, look at this. The squad i am really in: http://www.jossh.com/squadmanager/Kiith/index.html

and UMEC: http://www.jossh.com/squadmanager/UMEC/index.html

Right now, it shows me, active, in both.

I participated in some bounty hunting, killed a pilot, perhaps under UMEC tags. I wanted to let you guys realize this. And to get a record down with a time stamp on it in case someone starts accusing you guys of bounty hunting.

insane

Edit: Good news, a simple log and relog has corrected the problem, at least temporarily.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tryon
Corporal
Corporal

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for safety sake, you may want to post something similar to the tech/bugs forum on the JOSSH forums. Not only will this (hopefully) alert them that the squad system is messed up (again), but also it should hopefully let folks know that UMEC hasn’t turned bounty hunter. Just a thought…
Dont make me kick your ass, Dave...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Burner
Cmd Sgt Major
Cmd Sgt Major

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a similar Problem with moving to -=ACME=-, for a time I was even back on UMEC F2 but still listed on the -=ACME=- roster. Getting booted of the ACME roster (quiting only got me out of UMEC) and reapplying seemed to work.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    UMEC Forum Index -> Public Relations All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: