UMEC Forum Index UMEC
United Mining Exploration Commission: A group of friends playing JumpGate-- "a MMORPG that launched smoothly, breaks from fantasy character setting, emphasizes PvP, and is the first persistent world space simulator that nobody talks about." ~Scorch

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

qbld gets dumped on (moved to nasty flame war forum)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2002 4:59 am    Post subject: qbld gets dumped on (moved to nasty flame war forum) Reply with quote

(repair guns = commod FM)

Current Reconstruction Initiatives

I'm mapping QGate, atm, so won't be available for sometime because i really want to finish mapping quantar sectors (just a few more to go)

Last edited by MajorFreak on Sat Jun 29, 2002 1:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2002 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Repair Guns in Production, Competitive Spirit Takes Hold

offtopic All I have to map now is GVB and i've got every Quantar sector done. weeeeee :)-
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2002 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

according to JOSSH, the solrains "won"

I didn't recall this being a competition. The solrain's ALWAYS complete FMs before anyone else. Only reason they didn't back in Beta6 was because of 1st Cruentus Legio War...They got discouraged while qbld chugged along and built momentum.

It's all about morale. Always will be...See, we never really were affected by the 2nd Cruentus Legio War because ND decided to "catch everyone up" in the FM "race". All that happy timeline just went poof. Destroyed alot of people's morale. (but i guess if it hadn't then CL would have hampered our morale)

We always came back...Always will, and the ironic bit is that people always say, "oh, it was a golden age way back when blah blah" and forget qbld was a rowdy place at the best of times. (spies, pvp boasting and flames)
    some folk have bleeding liberal hearts when it comes to usage of /ignore
rant Now, the problem arises when it stops becoming a hobby (always was) and becomes an official "race"

This isn't about morale anymore and community, but a rat race? How the HELL can anyone compete with solrain's numbers? qbld NEVER could. even during the best of times (because the only reason we beat solrain was because it was the worst of times for them)
    but, you see. that not really the point i'm getting at; The point is, a hobby is fun because you can take all the time in the world to complete (within reason)...making a FM "fail" if you don't beat the competition RUINS morale. We're building community and TRI here; NOT promoting factionalism. (go play allegiance instead)

you won't see "morale hit" complaints on the forums. nosir, never did. you'll just see a lack of paying customers. (were TG borne stupid, or did they take lessons?)
JUMPGATE MIGHT BE BASED ON NONCONSENTUAL PVP, BUT IT DAMNED WELL DOESN'T REVOLVE AROUND THE SORRY BASTARDS WHO COMPETE LIKE PRE-ADOLESCENT SHITS!

We are building for TRI. we are certainly not going to like this trend for factionalism. This will breed griefers like it's going out of style. More importantly, it has been PROVEN to decimate the customer base when ND deliberately set out to condone/promote factionalism.
    this is The Reconstruction Initiative. can't they read?
BaadF00d
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2002 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I put quite a bit of work into the Oct FM.

If I get nothing for all that effort im rather disinclined to bother with FMs again.
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2002 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what they should have done was give Solrain the best location for their building and give the losers more remote locations.

Solrain wins = prime location like SC
Quantar 2nd = secondary like Tripoint (outpost for oct)
Oct 3rd = tertiary like Great Pillars (corridor for quantar)
    you see, this way it allows for the losers to lose gracefully. (i'd suggest, if it comes down to brass tacks, that there are either 12 buildings or 4 (with solrain taking the gold and the rusty))
It's either that or give solrain all 4 buildings and forget about the FM tease.
JOSSH wrote:
"In order to promote cooperation, TRI has decided for now the first faction to finish a repair gun custom producer will be the 'exclusive provider' of that particular model. As there are several types of repair guns we are working for, we are confident that each faction will have the ability to produce at least one model, but we recognize that's totally up to the pilots to make the decision, not us," remarked TRI Pilot Affairs office.
beggin TG pardon, but that "small print" won't save yer butts. (we, on the other hand, are confident the only way each faction will have "at least one model" is if you rig the damned craps table)
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2002 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alright. let's cut loose people. anyone with a beef go right on ahead. it's flame war forum time

As for me, losing gracefully only counts IF THERE'S A DAMNED LEVEL PLAYING FIELD! Excuse me, but i'm used to morons on the forums coming up with the most ridiculously shallow exploit-ridden "suggestions" and then whining about muffy flaming them...What i'm NEVER going to get used to is Dev's and GM's coming up with the same stuff, never asking our opinion, and just coding the damned hairball. (i mean, who the hell do they have as advisors? Donald Duck???)
    more like the asskissers like royofCA and other's like him. (ala. poGBS)
roll weeeeee...okie, got that off my chest. off to play NWN
Post new topic   Reply to topic    UMEC Forum Index -> Flame War All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: