UMEC Forum Index UMEC
United Mining Exploration Commission: A group of friends playing JumpGate-- "a MMORPG that launched smoothly, breaks from fantasy character setting, emphasizes PvP, and is the first persistent world space simulator that nobody talks about." ~Scorch

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Muffy is a Blogger! Er... what's a blogger?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rainy13
US Advisor
US Advisor

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mu-ffy's a blog-ger! Muf-fy's a blog-ger!

Yer a blogger, Muffy, not a Troll. You blog. I didn't know what blogging was, but now I do. Enjoy learning new words! :smile:

See? Muffy's a BLOGGER!!! Hehe.

Did I do that right? I'm still learning html.
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
BLOGGERS
Are they providing a journalistic function with those links? On some level, perhaps. But they are also doing something closer to information management, more librarian or archivist than Woodward and Bernstein. The bloggers are helping Google learn what pages should be connected to other pages, or to particular text strings. They are helping Google transform the Web from a disorganized mess into a more coherent universe of useful data. But their contributions to this noble cause have been limited to date, partially because the bloggers themselves have been too busy boxing with the phantoms of traditional journalism.
~random quote
pffft! whatabuncha romantic drivel. Information management my arse...Linking stuff is good netiquette, just like forgiving spelling errors and grammar mistakes.

And i find this whole focus on internet diaries to be highly invasive...You've got to ask yourself who might benefit from promoting this sort of thing.

Invasion of Privacy guarantees security since you have nothing to hide, right?
:irony:
    When i think of Bloggers i think '1984' by George Orwell...Actually they remind me of the SHEEP.

Then again, i shouldn't talk. I subscribe to livejournal
Post new topic   Reply to topic    UMEC Forum Index -> Flame War All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: