UMEC Forum Index UMEC
United Mining Exploration Commission: A group of friends playing JumpGate-- "a MMORPG that launched smoothly, breaks from fantasy character setting, emphasizes PvP, and is the first persistent world space simulator that nobody talks about." ~Scorch

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GM_Savant and the Hyperdrive scandal

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2002 6:46 am    Post subject: GM_Savant and the Hyperdrive scandal Reply with quote

ND general forum thread
Looks like a major ship balance patch upcoming "soon™"

Last edited by MajorFreak on Mon Nov 18, 2002 7:42 am; edited 1 time in total
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2002 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Savant's on a roll
Any news is better than no news.

[ This Message was edited by: MajorFreak on 2002-05-06 11:52 ]
Rainy13
US Advisor
US Advisor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any bets on when the next patch is finished and rolling?

I say it's out on test server by Friday, but we don't see it live before next Monday.
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GM_Josh teasing us again
That guy finds more ways of saying "soon" than anyone that i know of. :grin:
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2002 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GM_Virgil Gets in on the act
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2002 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EDIT: funny enough, that article linked below was nuked by gossip
:grin:
GM_Savant lays the law down pre-patch52 (re: that arty-hack cheat disseminated by Violence)
    Looks like Savant is hinting there's alot of cheaters counting on the fact if there's enough of them using the h@xx0rz, they won't be banned...heh.
Quote:
Sh*t, just implement the "win game" modx and the'll all be happy. My question to Savant is WHY turn yourself in AND tell on others too? i thought you were so damn smart Savant that you had logs of who theses ppl are? Is this so called game we play that is so devoid of commods and equipment punishment for the cheaters, while legit players wait months for you guys to fix it? to think of all the bitching and whining about "Matt" farms. now come all the comments about what "he" would do, about what "they" will do about cheating ina game that dont offer JACK at the moment. gimmie a damn break! i been part of this community since day one of release, i seen it all man! was the suggestion about "Hyperdrive" just a cover for ND inability to combat the hacks? is ND's theory "if we cant beat em, join em?" Pppffffhhhttt! bring the game back to pre-no equipment days and we may have a chance to combat the ppl who do cheat. otherwise cut ur losses ND and pull the G*ddamn plug... what ND should do is when the next series of this game comes out, let the ppl who just HAVE to be uber fly as the conflux... at least then i'll know who the assholes are and have a legit reason to blast them into next week.
~Slap_Man (squad FRG)
Quote:
"Nuts"
~Anthony McAuliffe (101st Airborne Division)
Day7 of the Ardennes Counteroffensive (St.Vith was the real strategic hub; this quote came from Bastogne; Heroic, yes. Critical? nopers)

Anyways, Unlike Greenfleas, i consider levelling up to be not applicable to my enjoyment of the game...unlike some people who think if they aren't in their Nix/Phoon/Tens going at mach5 with their hair on fire, the game sucks. lol
Quote:
I noticed a lot of people arguing that ND would risk loosing a lot of income if they ban these cheaters. In my opinion, they have more to loose if they don't ban them.

A large majority of the people who play online games are honest and play for the challenge - especially pvp oriented games. Yes, these folks constitute the bulk of the player base, and these are the players they risk loosing if ND does treat cheaters with a firm hand.

Not to mention, they are counting on a lot of new subscriptions with the release of episode 2. (Hell, that's why I've come out of retirement.) But if potential pilots read that they will be at a permanant disadvantage due to powergaming uber exploiting dirtbags, they will probably choose to hold on to their $10 a month and hope that Earth & Beyond will have a more even play field.

OH, btw, good to be back, Anarchy got old fast =)
~LongGhost (santa's helpers squad)
BURN THE WITCH!!
what do you do with witches? Burn! Burn, burn them up! And what do you burn apart from witches? More witches! Wood! So, why do witches burn? B--... 'cause they're made of wood...? Good!
Quote:
Actually, ND had nothing to do with the decision. This is how I feel situations like this need to be delt with. Why? Because we've all made mistakes. We all screw up once in awhile. Life is full of harsh realities as it is, why shouldn't someone be given a second chance if they made a mistake?

There's an old saying, "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." Everyone deserves a second chance, as long as it's clear that there isn't a third chance. We've seen other companies who ban without prejudice and the resentment that builds in the community.

It boils down to this: If you're a compassionate leader, then no one questions you when you need to lay down the law -- and that's how I see things here. I'm showing you that I can have compassion and forgive a single mistake, but should it happen ever again, then there is no turning back at that point.

~ Savant.

[ This Message was edited by: MajorFreak on 2002-05-06 13:39 ]

[ This Message was edited by: MajorFreak on 2002-05-30 11:52 ]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    UMEC Forum Index -> News, Reviews & Articles All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: