UMEC Forum Index UMEC
United Mining Exploration Commission: A group of friends playing JumpGate-- "a MMORPG that launched smoothly, breaks from fantasy character setting, emphasizes PvP, and is the first persistent world space simulator that nobody talks about." ~Scorch

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Formal Complaint on UMEC oct civ ripper

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Envy
Private
Private

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2002 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is a formal complaint about you're nonpvp squad.......you're member Darkside has civ ripped octs(not sure how many) and attacked low level octs in unreg, I would like an explanation for these events, up till now me and my small band of pirates have not engaged any UMEC vessel because of the fact that you are non pvp and I respect that, but as an oct I cannot accept oct civ rippers, now I know you are quite capable of defending yourselves, but tows vs my novas and friends hitmen don't last very long so I'd like to know why this sort of activity has occurred........................

P.S. I understand attacking in unreg is ok, but I would like to know UMEC's position on that as well, so I can adjust my own position

thank you and I hope this is all some sort of misunderstanding
MadCat
President
President

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2002 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ummmm I think you've got the wrong guy,

Darksides JOSSH stats

Hard to civ-rip without getting a kill

As for our unreg position UMEC pilots should never fire the first shot without a weapons free from myself or (in case of emergancy when I am not online) one of the other command staff.

"Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy' till you can find a rock" --bumper sticker

[ This Message was edited by: MadCat on 2002-02-25 22:11 ]
Envy
Private
Private

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2002 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's very strange, well my student russian collected the bounty, it must have been a temp, but darkside did fire first, my position will be not to attack UMEC then, thank you for you're quick reply, if you want to check out if the guy had a temp, check russians stats and his bounty collected
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2002 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh huh...next time don't be a stalking horse for some 2nd account out to pick on us through seeding bounties of our lower levels.
Quote:
Russian's right to swing his "fun loving/let's play a game" fist ends where UMEC's nose begins
UMEC datafile (re: yet another griefer mule)
Envy
Private
Private

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2002 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russians a 2nd account?, f4 me who is MF, he was my student, I figured you'd flame me in some way, and no one seeded bounties?! you're making all this bull up
Alshain
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2002 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well one thing is for sure Envy... Russian scored a 303 bounty... simple as that.

Russian
Private
Private

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2002 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well...

So now I am Prophet or Rix or Mule or Deranged? Fun, fun... I am not a newbie... that's right. I used to play beta and some time after that, but I had to quit due to some reasons... As for the rip, well... he tried to rip me. He hit me with a missle then I docked and came back. So don't give me that #### about second account and stuff. I would suggest you all control your members better and that would've not happen.

Russian of the Gang.

PS. If I can kill a higher level it does not mean i have a 2nd account.

PSS. By the way I have never recieved an apology or anything from you guys and this just not cool. Now you want to make me the guilty side by juggling the facts, which are: 1) I've been fired upon 2) I returned the fire. So I would really appreciate some kind of explanation or apology from you.

[ This Message was edited by: Russian on 2002-02-26 17:34 ]
Rainy13
US Advisor
US Advisor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2002 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He hit you with a missile. Did he fire after that? Did you dock under fire? Or was it an oops and he left? Did you launch and then rip him, after he didn't rip you?

Any opinion of the events that have happened can't be formed WITHOUT full information. And seeing as Darkside didn't rip YOU, even if it was an unprovoked attack (something I'm not even remotely convinced of) he's paid his price.

Quote:
Envy wrote:
your member Darkside has civ ripped octs(not sure how many)

I don't know the facts of what happened, Russian. I haven't seen a screenshot. And Your mentor blows his/her credibility with the above inaccurate comment. Perhaps Darkside fired first... breaking UMEC's code of engagement (unlikely but possible). The other possibility is someone's pulling our chain. In which case, be glad there weren't any screenshots.

In short, let it lie... unless you have more to show. I haven't seen real facts from anybody involved - you, Envy, or Darkside.
Russian
Private
Private

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2002 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Rainy

I c ur point and I agree to let it go... I agree that Darkside paid for what he did. So, I consider the matter closed. I just got upset about some comments concerning me being a second account griefer or something like that. I have no desire to get a reputation like that neither I have a desire to have problems with UMEC because of something stupid like that.

Enough said.

Russian of the Gang.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    UMEC Forum Index -> Flame War All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: