UMEC Forum Index UMEC
United Mining Exploration Commission: A group of friends playing JumpGate-- "a MMORPG that launched smoothly, breaks from fantasy character setting, emphasizes PvP, and is the first persistent world space simulator that nobody talks about." ~Scorch

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Joystick Control Problem Solution

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MadCat
President
President

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2002 11:18 pm    Post subject: Joystick Control Problem Solution Reply with quote

If anyone is having problems mapping Joystick controls in JumpGate download these 2 files and put them in your Jumpgate directory, overwriting the existing ones.

<a href=http://www.cableone.net/bfogel/joystick.bin>Joystick.bin</a>
<a href=http://www.cableone.net/bfogel/controls.bin>Controls.bin</a>
Rainy13
US Advisor
US Advisor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2002 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHere'd you get these, and what do they do?
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2002 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's a custom made inhibitor switch...with these trojan programs, madcat can disable his entire team and conduct negotiations peacefully without his followers rampaging around actually hurting people. that's bad
MadCat
President
President

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2002 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are the binary files found in the Jumpgate base directory. Jumpgate uses them to store joystick and control settings, including the joystick map. The Joystick throttle is mapped correctly and working in these 2 files.

Many people are having problems with joystick throttles not mapping correctly. These files are available to fix that problem. These are NOT a ND fix. They are simply copies of the files from my JG directory.
Hlv
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2002 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What problems does this fix? I have a MS Sidewinder PP2 and my thrust doesn't start until I have the throttle at about 30% (and it is calibrated correctly). I'm not at home ATM or I'd try it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    UMEC Forum Index -> Free Database (JumpGate) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: