UMEC Forum Index UMEC
United Mining Exploration Commission: A group of friends playing JumpGate-- "a MMORPG that launched smoothly, breaks from fantasy character setting, emphasizes PvP, and is the first persistent world space simulator that nobody talks about." ~Scorch

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

An old friend from Homeworld community...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2002 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It's been a long time.

Well, I dropped by PJG to see what was happening. I expected to see that JG was finally being put out of its misery as a failure. What to my surprise, but I see not impending doom, but hints of wishlist items implemented. I check JOSSH and find player storage, exploration and recovery of artifacts, and many other wishlist items. My interest is peaked.

I write to you because you were never one of the "PKing is the only game" type of players. Please tell me how the game is now for the less-rabid. Is the game overly-PK ridden, as it seemed after retail began? Is there room for explorers? for the merchants? I'm wondering if I wrote the game off too soon. Has it created appeal for the non-Quakers since retail began? I appreciate what you can tell me.

-RomeoSix
http://umec.oesm.org/phpBB/index.php

your one stop shopping for information. (MajorFreak takes his FAQ stuff to JumpGate)

As for PKgriefing? it's taken a nose dive since anyone with a bounty is uninsured; set to HG until bounty removed; cannot trade at stations with negPR; cannot get rid of bounty through AFK; did i mention, uninsured? (you go low enough PR you start losing levels and ships)

hehe...it doesn't prevent HonorGuard duels, nor does it prevent attacks on civilians inside neutral sectors (though they made interfaction routes "regulated")

There's some major whining going on about how impossible it is to get rid of a bounty. (by the worst pkgriefers who think they're just noble PvPers...same old shit, but now they're HURTING)

NOW, having said that, there's tonnes of fighting going as in squad warfare...but nothing close to the level of the bad old days where civ ripping was a pasttime and negPRs of -100 were common place. heh.

Good thing too...i freakin hated dealing with the insufferable arrogance of PKgriefers telling everyone NetDevil made this game SOLELY for their masturbatory elite pricks.
Hiigaran
Nemesis
Nemesis

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2002 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think i might remember him...

when will he be showing up?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2002 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, just to clear things up, I was not a member of the Homeworld community. Played the game (still do), and from what I hear, the community was a really cool one.

So, who was I? I started in Beta 6 of JG. I was a pilot in the Shadow Knights, and later a founding member of Armchair's SWARM. I left shortly after retail because I hated the turn the game had taken. I enjoyed some PvP (I'm a consentual PvP player), but despised the non-consentual Quake-fests that prevented the enjoyment of any other facet of the game.

I remember UMEC well. You were some of the good guys. If I do come back (still deciding), you can be sure that I'll be eyeing you guys as my potential in-game home.

Thanks for the info and the link, MF.

-R6
Post new topic   Reply to topic    UMEC Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: