UMEC Forum Index UMEC
United Mining Exploration Commission: A group of friends playing JumpGate-- "a MMORPG that launched smoothly, breaks from fantasy character setting, emphasizes PvP, and is the first persistent world space simulator that nobody talks about." ~Scorch

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Low Level Pilots and O3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MadCat
President
President

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2002 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is it that Low lvl pilots(<26) insist on hunting high lvl flux in sectors like Outer Third with no reguard to the safety of themselves or those around them?

Example: I'm hunting in O3 yesterday, got a C7, C9, C10 in my sights, a lvl 20 Solrain jumps in, spawning 2 more C7 and a C8. He fires a MorningStar at the C8 killing it then jumps out. The 2 C7 he spawned come over and gangrape me while I'm in a close quarters battle with the C10

I F4 him after I die and he said that he "can handle himself in O3 so why shouldn't he hunt there"

Gods people this is a MMOG a Massivly MULTIPLAYER Online Game, If you only want to worry about yourself go get a single player game. Part of being a member of the JumpGate community, or any comunity for that matter is the responsibility to make certain that your actions do not negetivly effect the gameplay experiance of other players.

In short: If you can't kill ALL the flux you spawn in O3 or any other high lvl sector STAY THE FUCK OUT.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2002 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or at least stay in and keep the flux off the doods fighting theirs. And at the very least, broadcast in sector that you are leaving and what you are leaving.
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2002 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nah. i put it down to an extra risk while in hi-density flux country...just adds alot more excitement when you know some fucking moron's gonna punk flux on you without the good grace to inform you of the fact.
    There are morons out there, and there's always one where you work in RL. (the kind that get in your way and refuse to move just to piss you off and then they act like it's your fault you're pissed off)
I make a list of the assholes...always helps to remember who's the dickhead when that fuck asks someone to broker something and noone else is around...hehehe
Quote:
"revenge is a dish best served cold"

"keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UMEC Forum Index -> Flame War All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: