UMEC Forum Index UMEC
United Mining Exploration Commission: A group of friends playing JumpGate-- "a MMORPG that launched smoothly, breaks from fantasy character setting, emphasizes PvP, and is the first persistent world space simulator that nobody talks about." ~Scorch

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Missions 201

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UMEC Forum Index -> Free Database (Eve-Online)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heretic
Chief WO4
Chief WO4

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:07 pm    Post subject: Missions 201 Reply with quote

Samy Merchi wrote:
This may be a stupid question as I'm not entirely sure how the system works, but

Are some corporations better to work for than others? It is my understanding that each agent works for a particular corporation, and doing missions for that agent raises your standing with that corporation.

Are some corporations more beneficial than others for you to raise your standing for? Do some give better rewards for high standing? Do some corporations have more agents available everywhere and other corporations are difficult to find mission givers for?

Are agents' corporations all CCP run or are there also agents working for player-run corporations?

Should I pick one corp and focus on doing missions for them, or should I spread around and do missions for dozens of corps?

Kahega Amielden wrote:
1) if you want ot mission, I'd focus on one corp

2) Corps have slightly differing LP store items. The faction navies are popular corps to mission for, but as a result of so many people missioning for them the LP store items aren't worth as much as some others.

3) All agents are in NPC corporations
Samy Merchi wrote:
I do want to mission, I think. So I should focus on a corp. How would I go about deciding which corp? What criteria should I use? Is LP rewards the only criterion or are there others too that are useful to consider when deciding on a corp?

I think I would like to work for a fairly pacifistic scientist type corp. Are there any good ones like that?

Kahega Amielden wrote:
3) This is just my raving, but remember that missioning in EVE isn't really well developed, it's mostly just an income source; make sure you remember not to get so caught up in missioning that you ignore the best parts of EVE.

4) That said, there are lots of criteria. Go here and you can find a list of all the LP store items.

The other thing you want to take into account is agents. That is, where they are and what types they are. Different types of agents give different mission types (Find out each type here) so, for example, if you want to do kill missions you'll want corps with a good variety of Command, Internal Security, etc...agents.

Also, take into account security status. Hisec missions are riskless, really..Agents in lowsec give greatly increased LP rewards, but you might get attacked by player pirates. The LP rewards wont increase your income by THAT much compared to hisec missions...but then again, if you learn how to survive in lowsec you wont be losing ships often, either, and it's a LOT more exciting.

Also, hisec areas with good quality kill agents tend to be very overpopulated -> LAG. LAG sucks, you wont have to deal with this in lowsec...but again, you have to brave the danger.

My opinion, after years of play? Locate agents. lvl3 locate agents accessed by fleeting with those who've already got access to those particular agents.

After that, it's a corporation with lvl5 combat agent near enough and safe enough to run missions for.
My suggestion, for domain players operating near Amarr is Ministry of Internal Order. They have the only non-nerfed lvl5 agent (it was the only one not eliminated or moved far far away) nearby. It's in low sec.

that's my suggestion. Zero? you were talking about gaining faction standing with all major races. how's that coming along?
Zero0
Chief WO2
Chief WO2

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its coming along, just 25 more Amarr corps to go and i can move on to the Minnie corps.

My opinion is if you are a new to the game, do lots and lots of lvl 1 and 2 kill missions. Make your mistakes in cheap ships with easily replaceable fittings.

Use all the reference materials you can find on missions, such as EvE Survival. Go on the EvE-O forums and check out the Ship Set-up Index, don't copy their fittings exactly, but do use those as a rough guide as to what your setup should look like.

Find a good reason to do your missions, if you don't do this you will get sick of them the first time you repeat the same mission for the 3rd or 4th time.

And finally, don't be afraid to leave your home region.
It's a big galaxy, use it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    UMEC Forum Index -> Free Database (Eve-Online) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: