UMEC Forum Index UMEC
United Mining Exploration Commission: A group of friends playing JumpGate-- "a MMORPG that launched smoothly, breaks from fantasy character setting, emphasizes PvP, and is the first persistent world space simulator that nobody talks about." ~Scorch

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BaadF00d

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Farproc

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:09 pm    Post subject: BaadF00d Reply with quote

It is I.
So, ive spent years now languishing in World of Warcraft. And, waiting for my application to the JB2 beta to come through. It hasn't yet :(

Is anyone else in yet? Does it (JG2) have anything to recommend it?
JayJay67
Command Staff
Command Staff

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new Jumpgate -----Jumpgate Evolution------ is currently in alpha(pre) and not playable or able t be betad by anyone yet.However, Beta won't be far away as they plan for a Winter release.

The game looks like it takes all of old Jumpgate and updates it as well as extras added to it so it looks really promising.

The only thing I hope is that they give it a decent promotion this time so a lot of people know about it beforehand.
Krishna
Command Staff
Command Staff

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just the soon don't come back
thats what killed the game in the first place
lack of info and reegular updates
JayJay67
Command Staff
Command Staff

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a different animal this time Krish.

They are using Codemasters for server and distribution/promotion and a new development team although Scorch and Netdevil still remain.

The game has evolved (totally different to old Jumpgate while keeping some of the aesthetic core) it will be a true MMO in the jumpgate world this time instad of a crappy pvp grief fest.

http://www.jumpgateevolution.com/

Give it a click and take a peek.
Heretic
Chief WO4
Chief WO4

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alpha still, eh? okay, i'll stop sulking then. lol duh

Hi baadf00d. I'm still playing Eve-online. Haven't tried WoW at all, but await your post-mortem (although it looks like it's got you for good)
Farproc

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:09 am    Post subject: WoW does not have me for good. Reply with quote

However, JGE ,EVE / whatever next (space) game I play needs to be a lot different to the JG and EVE I played last.

The focus on PvP to the detriment of casual or PvE players has to go.

Now, fantasy MMMOs get around the PvP vs PvE question by operating gank-free PvE servers, and PvP servers for those who prefer the adrenaline.
Space MMOs have gone with a single mega-"realm" that hosts all the players, but split across "systems".

With a large enough "galaxy" of systems its not at all impossible to construct a situation with PvE systems, and seperate PvP systems. WoW has a system - on its PvE servers - of optional PvP tagging, as well as PvP zones, PvP quests, PvP objectives, instanced battlegrounds etc that all must be completed with PvP tags on. It is very possible to have a single realm in which PvP is entirely optional, but still very satisfying for those that wish to partake.

It is also VERY possible to have NPCs that trigger PvP with players.

Imagine for a brief moment that Jumpgate has NPC convoys. PvE players can ignore the convoy. PvP players can attack it - triggering PvP tagging if not already selected. The NPC convoy could 'radio' for help on a defense channel, and PvP players wishing for some defensive type PvP role could converge on the convoys position and help defend it from other players.
There, NPC mediated PvP combat.

It is this sort of interaction that makes PvP in WoW, both optional, and very satisfying.

JGE *needs* a rich PvE environment first, to build the PvP on top of. If the focus is on PvP first and PvE content is second best (again) then the game is ultimately too empty to allow the PvP to be enjoyable.
JayJay67
Command Staff
Command Staff

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like JGE has turned into a possible Nobel prize winner. The emphasis on pve seems to be huge at predent with a centralised "safe" area and a large pvp outer edge. (can't help to think of the 0.0 influence there)

More and more pve missions, enemies and npc related battles seem to be prevalent within the game as well as the core JGC pvp fun.
Farproc

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JayJay67 wrote:
It looks like JGE has turned into a possible Nobel prize winner. The emphasis on pve seems to be huge at predent with a centralised "safe" area and a large pvp outer edge. (can't help to think of the 0.0 influence there)

More and more pve missions, enemies and npc related battles seem to be prevalent within the game as well as the core JGC pvp fun.

But, where is the "endgame" PvE content? If it's in the same place as the 0.0 space, then they've done the same thing all over again: Theyve created PvE content as "bait" to lure PvE players into area's where they can be ganked by PvPers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    UMEC Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: