UMEC Forum Index UMEC
United Mining Exploration Commission: A group of friends playing JumpGate-- "a MMORPG that launched smoothly, breaks from fantasy character setting, emphasizes PvP, and is the first persistent world space simulator that nobody talks about." ~Scorch

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Im not anti-social, im an Introvert

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zero0
Chief WO2
Chief WO2

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:53 am    Post subject: Im not anti-social, im an Introvert Reply with quote

Please read this and then feel free to respond. Once you are done, leave me alone.

Caring for your Introvert
Heretic
Chief WO4
Chief WO4

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's funny, in an ironic way. I don't believe in 'introvert' being "anti-social"...

ignoring your context, i'd have to say that bullies and fucktards the world over tout the line that social skills are optional, pointing to the existence of "introvert" as proof social skills are optional.

I think there's a deep deep lie in society that allows people like George W. Bush free reign.

*ahem* anyways, off to read your article...and i'm back.
Quote:
hell is other people at breakfast
how intriguing. He uses the same evidence i use but for opposing arguments. To me, that quote is proof that ALL of us, including extraverts, can be lazy at times when waking up...that we rationalize away our lack of social skills instead of facing the fact we woke up and are in a social situation right away, and need a swift kick in the arse, mentally, to get with it.
snob
Zero0
Chief WO2
Chief WO2

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your right, introvert does not mean anti-social, in fact I would say that my social skills are very good. Social situations have the same amount of strain on my mind that a marathon has on the body of a runner.

Maybe I should get a sign telling people exactly how I feel about the idea of small talk with them: plzdie no no, thats not it, more like FUCK OFF!!!

Hey muf, you there is an emoticon out there that would convey that message?
Heretic
Chief WO4
Chief WO4

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:06 am    Post subject: A diatribe Reply with quote

Well, let's discuss this. The topic is my bread and butter...as a troll slayer, as a mentor and as a motherFAQer...not sure if my archival skills come into play here.

Social skills are always an effort. You'll notice that it occurs the instant you wake up, if you're in a social situation right then - specifically the laziness-induced grumpiness that occurs (we're all human)

The body, i've found, encourages that effort - since to do so validates it's need of 'love' (a rather misunderstood and overly adjectivified word in the human language)

Part of a social situation is learning. Though, in a social situation that usually entails admitting a mistake to another, which entails a healthy embarrassment, which entails the courage to be curious enough to make oneself potentially vulnerable to an uncomfortable emotion in a social situation.

Curiosity also begets tolerance, patience and honesty...

However, let us go back to my earlier reference to 'laziness': some people, from fear of admitting mistakes (which entail making oneself vulnerable to feeling uncomfortable emotions) will do anything to maintain a sense of control.

The path of least resistance in a social situation is to take or give offense. There are a number of permiatations to this. But, rest assured they aren't invented by the mind, but are the lowest common denominator that even a retard will instinctively undertake subconsciously.

Now, you'll see this manifested in the "good guy/gal" and "bad boy/girl" stereotypes of the dating world...it is not unique to this, but systematic and symptomatic of something deeply ingrained in our collective psyche - brainwashing by a bigoted civilization thoroughly and absolutely corrupt.

I'm tracking down ways to counteract such bullying behavior and strange aversions to 'love' that manifest in the need of asshats to be unwelcome disractions (not to mention lazy and liars to boot)

For now, let me leave you with one tactic to counter the bully: Have you ever felt a smirk or smile for no reason as you attempt to avoid a confrontation with a bully's seemingly endless capacity for aggressive 'acting out'? The bully has no idea, consciously, of the evil he's tapping in order to facilitate your reaction. Oh yes, the bully is well away of the effect he has, although completely zero understanding of the process in any conscious form.

one can even point out HIS mysterious smirk as something he knows not the reason why, and you'll create an unreasoned fear in the asshat.

The counter is thus: be natural in your perception of your environment. Look up and around when you feel like it, do not be shy on account of the bully.

You will notice the bully's "effortless" aggression appear as a sweaty act. A poseur striving constantly to maintain that look of the "model employee" or what have you.

Read David Webber's Honor Harrington series and his stock character of the corrupt spoil officer immediately snaps into focus as a handy allusion.

Anyways, There's three other bully types that I'm researching...Once I have a counter for each, i'll try to remember this thread. =)
Zero0
Chief WO2
Chief WO2

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blink

Time for me to start reading I think.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    UMEC Forum Index -> Flame War All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: