UMEC Forum Index UMEC
United Mining Exploration Commission: A group of friends playing JumpGate-- "a MMORPG that launched smoothly, breaks from fantasy character setting, emphasizes PvP, and is the first persistent world space simulator that nobody talks about." ~Scorch

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New patch - instajumps nerfed

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heretic
Chief WO4
Chief WO4

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:57 am    Post subject: New patch - instajumps nerfed Reply with quote

Idara wrote:
Does this mean it's not known if the BMs will be deleted? As it stands now, for me and others, the patch to Revelations deletes the folders holding the BMs, but not the BMs themselves. This means we cannot use our People and Places, nor load the BM tab to delete the BMs. This also leads to 10+ minutes to get from character selection into the game.

Hopefully we'll find out before Tuesday...

Also, I will not be deleting my BMs manually before the patch if the BMs won't be destroyed during the Revelations patch. Mostly because I don't trust you guys enough, remember that whole Tractor Beam thing?

that's cool, even if 95% of my bookmarks become obsolete. It will encourage trading over mining. It will make courier missions more attractive and strip mining less attractive...or should i say, less efficient.

I've deleted all my non-roid instajump bookmarks in preparation. I've also, out of desperation, put my roid bookmarks into escrow AND copies into an impounded office. There's copies of my other bookmarks in my corp offices just in case the new system sucks.

I wonder if i'll even be able to use &/or make new bookmark instajumps? *shrug* oh well, be interesting either way. I'm hoping no new custom instajumps can be created, but any bms currently will be "grandfathered"...that would be very profitable for me.
Quote:
You can delete them. They are completly worthless. Even my mining BM are just junk with Kali.

Explanation: "Warp to 15 km" has been removed. Only 0, 10, 20, ... kms.
ohhhhhhhhhhhh fucccccccccccccck

no wait...although it'll fuck all my bookmarks...all 1000 of them...this is great news because now i can make new ones and not worry about that damned extra step during instajump making. IF they allow new bookmarks to be made. hmph
Heretic
Chief WO4
Chief WO4

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

post patch thoughts:

• instajumps for gates and stations are redundant now. Autopilot still warps to 15km. But, there's a new option that replaces "warp to 15km" with "warp to 0km"...not to mention that "dock" warps you to 0km. weeeeeee.
  • corp titles have been increased to 20. this enables alot more leeway when doling out roles for rank/title holders.
  • i don't know if this is new to revelations. But, one can shove stuff into member hangars not your own (but obviously cannot remove anything even if you're the CEO)
  • they nuked all our overview saved settings so we'll all have to start from scratch there.
  • the new 'rigs' is a way to 'implant' stuff into your ships. sounds neato
  • they removed the 'missions' tab and replaced it with 'bounty tab' PLUS added a new menu option for 'contracts' (basically replaces the old escrow)...it looks neato and allows one to toggle selections - too bad there's no 'select all' option when entering items into a contract
  • little icons are added to 'local' and all chat rooms to denote politics (likes dislikes)
      but not background colours for bounty, etc
  • can't think of anything else offhand. although they did add something pre-patch that was awesome: they added an option under "warp to" for "add as first waypoint" when selecting a jumpgate in system
  • OMFG check out the map. woooooooooooo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    UMEC Forum Index -> Eve Public Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: